Have you ever wondered how Rolex became so successful? Or why its watches set so many auction records? Read on, as our experts explain how and why this brand became a legend. How did Rolex Became So Succ...
Where to Sell Rolex Watches in CanadaFebruary 25, 2019 - Watch Articles
Get answers to the following:
- Where to sell Rolex watches in Canada?
- How to sell Rolex watches in Canada?
- How to get the best value on your Rolex?
Where to sell Rolex watches in Canada?
You have multiple choices when deciding where to sell Rolex watches in Canada. To streamline the process, we’ve gathered some of the most popular luxury watch selling options.
When you’re looking to sell your Rolex watch as quickly as possible, you might have considered a pawnshop. Pawnshops are known for being a fast way to get cash on the spot, but you usually are not leaving with the best price. Many pawnshops do not employ watch experts who can accurately value and price your Rolex on the current secondhand watch market, which means you may lose out on potential profits.
Auction houses have long been considered to be a traditional selling option for high value items. When you bring your Rolex to an auction house, it will be reviewed by a horologist, priced and then put on auction. There is no guarantee when or if your timepiece will be bought however, which means that you could be waiting for many months. Even if your watch does eventually sell, the auction house will take a percentage of your earnings.
In just a few minutes you can create an online ad for your Rolex with websites like Craigslist and eBay. With your private ad you can set your ideal price and sell to a buyer of your choice. While selling on your own terms sounds tempting, you must be willing to wait months or years for serious buying offers while always staying cautious of online scammers.
When it comes to the fastest and easiest way to sell your Rolex in Canada, WP Diamonds can’t be beat. As leading international watch buyers, our industry connections and rich understanding of the secondhand luxury watch market allow us to provide strong cash offers for Rolex watches. Our professional service is always free, with no hidden fees or commissions, and can take as little as 24 hours. Just complete our simple online form to receive your price quote, we then pay the shipping and insurance. We pride ourselves on offering a seamless service that has earned us an A+ BBB rating and hundreds of excellent reviews from happy customers.
How to sell Rolex watches in Canada?
No matter where you live in Canada, you call sell your Rolex with WP Diamonds. The selling process is easy and only takes five steps:
- Fill out our online form. Complete our online form with as much information about your Rolex as you can. Be sure to indicate if you have your watch’s box, papers and any servicing receipts.
- Get a price quote. Receive a price quote from our horologists.
- Use our free mailing label to send in your watch. If you like your initial quote and are ready to get your final offer, we provide you with a free, fully insured mailing label to send your watch to us. This ensures that your Rolex watch will be protected, fully insured, and trackable. When your watch arrives at our office, we then notify you of its safe arrival.
- Receive our offer. Our watch experts will evaluate your Rolex and calculate a competitive offer. You will then be contacted you with our final offer and an explanation of how we came to that price.
- Get paid. You can accept your offer and receive payment by bank transfer. Or you may request to have your Rolex returned to you through the same free and safe mailing service. There is never any obligation to sell.
How to get the best value on your Rolex?
Now that you know how to sell your Rolex in Canada, we’ll show you just what you need to do to get the best value on your Rolex.
Model: Be sure that you know your Rolex’s model number when beginning the selling process.
Serial Number: The serial number is also important information for potential buyers as this enables them to verify your watch’s make and authenticity. You can find your Rolex’s serial number both on its paperwork and between the lugs. As the bracelet needs to be removed to see the serial number printed between the lugs, make sure to only have the bracelet removed by a professional watchmaker.
Age: The age of your watch can affect its overall value. For example, a vintage Daytona will net a different value than its modern-day counterpart.
Condition: The condition of your watch plays a big role in the overall value of your Rolex. If your watch has significant damages, has not been regularly serviced, or has been repaired with third party components, your offer will be lowered. Conversely, if your watch has only minor damage, regular servicing and original Rolex parts, your offer will be higher.
Box and Papers: These are the box and papers that came with your Rolex when purchased. With these you can demonstrate the authenticity of your Rolex and receive a higher offer as the box and papers are desirable materials for watch collectors.
Additional materials: To further increase your Rolex’s value, be sure to include any additional links, straps, recent servicing receipts, and supplementary materials such as warranty cards. This way, the company that you are selling to will not need to deduct for any of those materials.
Click the button below to see just how much you can get paid for your Rolex today.