Have you cleaned out your jewelry box and found diamond jewelry you no longer love? Selling your old diamond jewelry is a great way to make the most of valuable jewelry gathering dust. However, finding the best...
When Should you Upgrade your Engagement Ring?October 15, 2019 - Diamond Articles
When Should you Upgrade your Engagement Ring?
- When you have the financial means
- When you no longer love the style
- When renewing your vows
- How to upgrade your engagement ring
- How to afford your next engagement ring
When you have the financial means
Becoming more financially stable later in marriage is a major reason why women decide to upgrade their engagement rings. According to the US Census Bureau, in 2018 the average age of first marriage in the US was 27.8 years for women and 29.8 years for men. At this stage in life, with an upcoming wedding and perhaps a house to pay for, many couples do not have the funds to afford their dream engagement ring. According to the Knot’s 2018 wedding survey, the average wedding costs $33,931. To cut costs, many young couples opt for a more affordable engagement ring so they can enter into their marriage with little to no debt.
If you have been married for 5, 10 or 20 years, however, you are likely more financially stable and have more disposable income than you were in your 20s. With greater income, you and your partner can afford a higher quality engagement ring without straining your finances making this the perfect time to upgrade your engagement ring.
When you no longer love the style
From our personal preferences to global trends, style is always evolving. Our tastes change over time and that can apply to your engagement ring. A common reason to change your engagement ring is because you have fallen in love with another style or your current style does not suit your lifestyle.
Perhaps you no longer love your marquise engagement ring or your ring’s style no longer accommodates your lifestyle. If you need an engagement ring that can withstand with all your adventures, such as hiking, rock climbing or keeping up with active children, a delicate engagement ring may no longer be suitable. You may consider upgrading your engagement ring to a sturdy bezel setting or opt for cushion cut center diamond that lacks sharp edges which can get chipped. Maybe you want something with more bling and wow factor, or maybe you simply want a larger center stone.
When renewing your vows
Renewing your vows is the perfect romantic time to upgrade your engagement ring, especially if it overlaps with a major anniversary. Vow renewals allow you to commemorate your unwavering love and can be as extravagant or relaxed as you want.
After you and your partner exchange your vows, you can opt for an upgraded engagement ring to make the ceremony extra special, symbolic of new beginnings.
How to upgrade your engagement ring
There are plenty of ways you can upgrade your engagement ring to suit all budgets and styles:
- Buy a ring enhancer: Ring enhancers are additional bands that you wear alongside your engagement ring. Ring enhancers come in a variety of styles with diamond accents that compliment your engagement ring’s center diamond.
- Upgrade the setting: Whether you want to change the ring’s metal type from a subtle white gold to a vibrant yellow gold or turn your simple solitaire band into a split shank, upgrading your engagement ring’s setting can dramatically change the look of your ring at a far lower cost than buying a brand new ring.
- Add gemstone accents: From delicate pave bands, to halos and side stones, gemstones such as classic diamonds or vibrant sapphires will enhance the glamour and sparkle of your engagement ring.
- Upgrade the center diamond: If you love your engagement ring’s setting you can simply upgrade its center diamond. There are plenty of diamond shapes to choose from such as geometric emeralds, classic rounds and romantic hearts. You can also pick a larger diamond with higher quality grades such as exceptional cut or color grades.
How to afford your next engagement ring
The most affordable way to upgrade your engagement ring is to trade the old ring in for a new one. WP Diamonds is here to do just that. Sell your current engagement ring, diamonds, designer jewelry or luxury watches for cash OR 10% more on your offer in store credit with our jewelry store partner. Use the store credit to shop a wide range of engagement rings.
Why sell to WP Diamonds?
- High-end selling process: WP Diamonds was established to make selling high value items as seamless and enjoyable as they day they were bought.
- Reputable: We are A+ rated by the BBB with hundreds of excellent customer reviews.
- Sell online or in person: Sell your items online or in person at one of our discreet and comfortable offices in New York, the UK or Hong Kong.
- Free: Our process is entirely free and there are never any fees or commissions taken out of your final offer. Even if you decide not to sell to us, your items will be returned to you at no cost.
- Secure: Security is at the heart of our service. If selling online, you will receive a fully insured and trackable mailing label to keep your items safe as it travels to our office where it is opened on camera.
- Fast: We buy your jewelry outright which means you can get paid in as little as 24 hours after inquiring with us.
- Cut out the middleman: We buy your engagement ring directly, no long auctions or online listings that can take months with no guarantee of a sale. This makes for a fast and easy transaction with a clear final price.
To start selling to WP Diamonds today:
- Complete our online form and receive your price quote.
- If you agree with your initial quote, you can request a fully insured shipping label to send your items to us or schedule an appointment at one of our offices.
- Once our experts assess your items, we will provide you with our final offer which you can accept in cash (in person appointments only), wire or check. Or you can opt to receive a higher offer (10% more) in store credit with our jewelry store partners. If you would prefer to have your items returned, we will send them back to you the next business day for free.
Sell your engagement ring, diamonds, designer jewelry and luxury watches to the experts at WP Diamonds and receive the funds to go towards your dream engagement ring.