Ending an engagement is different from a regular breakup. You and your ex-partner had planned to spend the rest of your lives together. Maybe you had started planning the wedding, finding a home, and thinking a...
When And Why Relationships EndApril 19, 2018 - Relationship Articles
When and why relationships end
According to a survey ran in 2018 by WP Diamonds (all participants had all gone through a divorce or broken engagement) on when and why their long term relationship ended:
- Approximately 20% of engagements were called off before the wedding.
- Nearly 50% of all the breakups across all stages were caused by financial stresses.
- Less than half of the couples going through break ups tried to make it work and only 17% regretted that they never gave it another shot.
- Only 7% of both men and women blamed themselves for a failed relationship while over 13% cited people outside the relationship as the cause for the breakup. This is supported by the 19% of couples that said that their breakup was caused by disapproving family members, the second greatest cause of breakups across the board.
- Over 25% of those that ended a relationship believe that a willingness to compromise would have made all the difference.
Interestingly, financial stressors accounted for nearly 50% of all breakups, followed by family disapproval, then differences on having children.
40% of participants blamed their partner for the breakdown of the relationship, while 39.4% said that they were equally to blame.
Over 44% of participants sought the help of relationship experts (couples therapy, individual therapy) before deciding that it was time to end the relationship.
Perhaps the most positive finding was that the vast amount of participants (82.7%) did not regret ending their relationship (ending their engagement or having a divorce).
How to sell your engagement ring after divorce or a broken engagement
Many recently divorced people are looking to put their past romantic relationship behind them and move on with their lives. Rather than dwell on any potential red flags or what went wrong in the day to day of the relationship or if a relationship coach might have helped, the best way to let go it to move forward.
Parting with items that were symbolic of the relationship and selling valuable items to raise funds can be an important part of that process.
How it works
- Complete the online form to receive your price quote
- Receive a price quote from our experts
- Schedule an appointment or sell online (we provide free shipping and insurance)
- Get a final price and get paid
Our service is free of charge (no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer) and there is never any obligation to sell. If you refuse our offer, we return your items back to you at not cost.
About WP Diamonds
WP Diamonds was launched in 2012 to provide a fast, stress-free and secure way to sell luxury items. We buy your items directly, no listing it online on your behalf and waiting for it to sell, our process is designed to take as little as 24 hours.
We understand that many of our customers selling an engagement ring are looking for a discreet and hassle-free option. As such, we offer our best prices upfront with no fees or commissions deducted. Our service is free of charge, there is no haggling or pressure to sell.
Sell discreetly online or via private appointment (NYC, UK, Hong Kong and Tokyo). We are proud of our A+ Better Business Bureau rating and over 1,000 customer reviews.