How To Sell Rolex Watches In The UK
As a first-time watch seller you may have asked yourself, “how can I sell Rolex watches in the UK?”. The good news is that when working with a reputable luxury watch buyer, selling your Rolex watch is quick, easy and entirely safe. We have put together a simple 4-step guide to selling Rolex watches in the UK so that you can sell your Rolex with confidence.
How To Sell Rolex Watches In The UK?
- Step 1: Gather information about your Rolex
- Step 2: Find a trustworthy Rolex Buyer in the UK
- Step 3: Get a price quote
- Step 4: Sell your Rolex
Step 1: Gather Information About Your Rolex
As you prepare to sell Rolex watches in the UK you will first need to gather all the necessary information about your timepiece. When you have all of the necessary information, you can meet with potential buyers who will be able to provide you with price quotes for your Rolex.
Ensure that you know the following about your Rolex:
- Model: Certain Rolex models are in higher demand than others, such as the Rolex Submariner Date reference 116610LV, also known as the “Hulk” for its green dial and bezel. You can easily find your Rolex’s model number on its paper work. The watch’s model number can also be found between its lugs under the bracelet. As you need to remove its bracelet to see the model number, it is best to have it removed by a professional to prevent any unnecessary damage.
- Age: The age of your watch will influence its value. For example, an original Rolex DateJust from 1945 will net you a different price than a contemporary model.
- Condition: The condition of your watch pays a critical role in the worth of your Rolex. If your watch has not been regularly serviced, is damaged, or has been repaired with components from a different brand, this will negatively impact its price. Alternatively, if your watch is in good condition with regular servicing this will positively reflect in your final offer. Do not worry if your watch has sustained some minor damage, while it will impact the price, you will still be able to sell it.
- Box and Papers: These are the original box and papers that your Rolex came with when purchased. While you can still sell your Rolex watch without its box and papers, having these will illustrate the watch’s authenticity and increase its value. Many watch collectors prefer to buy timepieces with their original box and papers in good condition.
Step 2: Find A Trustworthy Rolex Buyer In The UK
The next step to sell Rolex watches in the UK is to find the right buyer. While there are a variety of options available, there are pros and cons to each that need to be considered.
Below we have listed the most popular Rolex buyers in the UK:
- Pawnshops: This local option is for those who wish to sell their Rolex watch locally. Certain pawnshops may even pay you on the spot for your timepiece in cash. While pawnshops sound like a fast and convenient option, keep in mind that pawnshops might not employ Rolex experts with the necessary skills to properly evaluate your timepiece. As a result of this, the price offered may not be as competitive as it should be from a specialist buyer.
- Hatton Garden: Easily accessible to London locals, Hatton Garden houses a multitude of Rolex buyers. You can meet with different buyers to hear how much they can offer you for your timepiece. Similarly to pawnshops, not all buyers are experienced horologists who can accurately assess the worth of your Rolex. Furthermore, you will need to be cautious of unscrupulous buyers who use high-pressure sales tactics and aware that exploring the different buyers in this area is not necessarily likely to be a quick selling process.
- Auction Houses: Auction houses have been a long-time selling option for high value items. As they employ trained watch experts, you can except to receive a proper evaluation of your Rolex. However you must be willing to wait what could easily be months for your Rolex to sell. First, you must wait for an auction to be held, then your watch needs successfully bid on. Also, if your Rolex is bought, the auction house will take a percentage of your profit, the exact amount will vary per auction house.
- Online Ads: There are multiple websites that let you create free listings for your Rolex. With an online ad you get to set your ideal price and sell directly to a buyer. While setting your desired price sounds ideal for recouping what you originally paid for your Rolex, the truth is that accurately pricing a Rolex on the second-hand market is difficult without the necessary industry knowledge. Selling your Rolex via online ads is also a waiting game, as it could take years for your timepiece to sell if it sells at all. Finally, you must always be wary of potential scammers and be sure to never disclose personal information.
- WP Diamonds: Established in 2012, we are expert Rolex buyers with a team of experienced horologists and an international presence. With offices in London, Birmingham, New York and Hong Kong, we offer you the option of selling by appointment or online. Thanks to our global connections and in-depth understanding of the second-hand luxury timepiece market, we are able to provide you with a competitive offer your for Rolex watch. Our head watch buyer, Tom Pozsgay, stated, “We have a dedicated team that looks at the entire luxury watch market place and analyses the going rate on a daily basis so that we can offer you the best value on your watch.” Our process is free, safe and can take as little as 48 hours. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, strong prices and speed of payment. But don’t just take our word for it, our service has earned us hundreds of positive customer reviews.
Step 3: Get A Price Quote
Now that you know how to sell Rolex watches in the UK, receiving a price quote from WP Diamonds is easy. Simply fill out our online form with information about your Rolex. One of our experts will shortly reach out to you with a price quote and inform you how you can get the final price for your Rolex.
Step 4: Sell Your Rolex
At WP Diamonds we provide two convenient methods to sell Rolex watches in the UK. Select the option that best suits you:
- Schedule an appointment: You can schedule an appointment at one of our comfortable and secure UK offices. We provide appoints Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm at our Birmingham office and hold monthly appointments in London and appointments. Please contact us ahead of time to schedule your appointment. Appointments typically last 30 minutes during which one of our horologists will thoroughly examine your Rolex and provide you with a firm buying price that you can accept by bank transfer.
- Mail-in your Rolex: We also provide a free and fully insured shipping for you to safely send your Rolex to our Birmingham headquarters. Once your Rolex arrives at our office, we will promptly evaluate it and contact you with a final price. You may accept payment by bank transfer. However, if you would rather have your watch mailed back to you, we will do so for free through the same highly secure shipping.
Click the button below so you can begin to sell Rolex watches in the UK and receive the best offers.