Where Can I Sell A Diamond Ring Near Me?
There are many reasons why someone would want to sell their diamond ring. Whether you are interested in selling because you no longer love the ring, are ready to move on from a broken relationship or simply want extra funds, selling your diamond ring is easier than ever.
Today, there are an endless supply of buyers who you can sell your jewellery to. However, finding a UK jewellery buyer who is honest, competitive and convenient can feel daunting. So you may be wondering “where can I sell a diamond ring near me?”. Keep reading as we guide you through all the steps in preparing to sell your diamond ring and finding the best diamond buyer for you.
- Find out what you have
- Where can I sell a diamond ring near me? How to choose a diamond ring buyer
- Get a price quote for your diamond ring
- Get a final price and get paid
1. Find Out What You Have
The first step in selling your diamond ring is understanding exactly what you have. These traits will influence your diamond ring’s worth:
- Brand: Certain brands like Tiffany & Co., Cartier and Harry Winston retain higher resale value than others. This is due to their luxury image and high demand. However, you can of course still sell unbranded diamond rings.
- Collection: See if your diamond ring is part of a collection such as Tiffany & Co.’s Harmony or Novo series.
- Metal: For example, understanding if the band is made with platinum or 14k white gold will influence its value.
- Wear: Does your diamond ring show any signs of wear such as missing side stones or scratches? These damages can detract from its value. Conversely, if your ring is in good condition, this will positively reflect in your offer.
- Diamond certificates/box and papers: Any original box and paperwork adds to the value of your ring, if it is a designer piece. Paperwork, such as diamond grading report, insurance appraisal or jewellers appraisal typically details important information such as the 4 C’s of your stone. You will need to know the 4 C’s in order to receive an online price quote. These are:
- Carat Weight: This denotes how heavy the diamond is, with a single carat weighing about 0.02g.
- Colour Grade: This refers to how much colour, or lack thereof, the diamond displays. Colour grades range from D to Z, with D being colourless and Z a light yellow.
- Cut Grade: This indicates the cut quality and proportions of the diamond. Keep in mind that fancy cut stones (such as emeralds, hearts and princess cuts) do not have cut grades.
- Clarity Grade: This shows the presence, or lack thereof, of imperfections within the diamond. Even if your diamond may look flawless, it may have imperfections which can be best seen when examined under a loop.
2. Where Can I Sell A Diamond Ring Near Me? How To Choose A Diamond Ring Buyer
The big question is where to sell your diamond ring? While there are many diamond ring buyers, finding the best one for you can feel overwhelming. Below we compare the benefits and draw backs of the most popular diamond selling options.
Pays in cash
|Does not employ experts who can best assess and value your diamond ring|
Their offer will not likely reflect your ring’s actual worth
|Hatton Garden||A convenient option for London locals|
Some buyers pay in cash
|High pressure environment|
Not every buyer is a diamond or jewellery expert
Potential unscrupulous buyers
|Auction Houses||Traditional selling option for high value items|
Employs diamond and jewellery experts who can evaluate and price your diamond ring
|You will need to wait for auctions to be held|
There is no guarantee when or if your ring will sell
The auction house will take a percentage of your earnings if your ring is bought
|WP Diamonds||Expert diamond ring buyers|
Diamond and high-end jewellery experts who can best evaluate your ring
Sell in-person or online
|Limited locations for in-person appointments. WP Diamonds offers appointments in Birmingham, London, New York and Hong Kong. However, you can always sell your diamond ring online.|
When you want to sell your diamond ring, WP Diamonds is your best option. We are expert diamond, jewellery and luxury watch buyers. Our team can best assess and value your diamond ring. Thanks to our international presence, network of connections and understanding of the second-hand market, we can provide you with honest and competitive offers for your diamond ring.
As selling high value items, such as diamond rings, is a new experience for many people, we make selling your jewellery hassle-free. Our easy, free and secure service has earned us hundreds of reviews from satisfied customers. Sell your diamond locally or online with WP Diamonds.
3. Get A Price Quote For Your Diamond Ring
Finding out how much your diamond ring is worth with WP Diamonds is easy. Once you fill out our simple online form, our experts will be in touch shortly with a price quote.
4. Get A Final Price And Get Paid
After you receive your initial price quote the last step is getting your diamond ring evaluated in person. Thanks to our global presence, we have multiple offices in convenient locations throughout the UK. All of our offices are modern, secure and professional. Selling your diamond ring near you has never been easier with our multitude of options. We offer appointments in the following locations:
- Birmingham: Appointments available Monday through Friday from 10am to 5 pm
- London: Appointments held monthly, please contact us to find out when our next appointment day is in each location.
Please e-mail or call us at 0121-288-8280 to schedule your appointment. During your appointment, your diamond ring will be examined and priced by our diamond and jewellery experts. You will receive a thorough explanation on how your ring was priced according to the second-hand market. The offer we tell you is exactly how much you will be paid, as we do not have any fees or commissions. If you accept our offer we will pay you through bank transfer.
For your convenience, we also have the option of selling your diamond ring online. After you receive your price quote, we can provide you with a free, fully insured shipping. Through this mail service, your ring will be fully insured and trackable. When the ring arrives at our office it will be opened on camera and evaluated. Our experts will contact you and let you know how much your ring is worth as well as how it was priced. If you accept our firm offer, you can be paid by bank transfer. If you do not accept our offer, we will mail your diamond ring back to you for free.
Click the button below to learn how much your diamond ring is worth today.