Top 8 Louis Vuitton Bags
Louis Vuitton has long established itself as a leader in the luxury market. You may be considering your first LV purchase or adding to your existing handbag collection. We take a look at the top Louis Vuitton bags and what makes them so sought after.
What Are The Top 8 Louis Vuitton Bags?
- Louis Vuitton Speedy
- Louis Vuitton SC bag
- Louis Vuitton City Steamer
- Louis Vuitton Capucines
- Louis Vuitton Alma
- Louis Vuitton Noe
- Louis Vuitton Neverfull
- Louis Vuitton Keepall
1. Louis Vuitton Speedy
The era of rapid transit that began in the 1930s inspired a Louis Vuitton bag called the Express, whose name was later changed to Speedy. The exquisite actress Audrey Hepburn helped propel the bag into the heights of Louis Vuitton popularity during Hollywood’s “Golden Age.” She was often photographed carrying a Speedy and her fans (and fans of LV) embraced the tote wholeheartedly.
The Speedy comes in a range of fabrics and sizes: mini to large. Assorted leathers and canvases, including Monogram and LV’s enduring Damier (French for “checkerboard”) canvas, another design by Georges, in 1888. An iconic Vuitton padlock with key keeps watch over your totable treasures and everyday necessities.
- How to wear it: Hold a Speedy by its rolled leather handles – or by the optional Bandolier strap
- Famous wearers: Audrey Hepburn and Sarah Jessica Parker
2. Louis Vuitton SC Bag
Director Sophia Coppola collaborated with Vuitton on designing this appealing roomy bag, inspired by the beloved Louis Vuitton Speedy. Introduced as part of Louis Vuitton’s Heritage Collection, this soft, double-zippered leather bag has two interior pockets, one zippered. Silver- or gold-tone metallic touches accentuate the bag’s style, and the bottom is protected by four studs.
- How to wear it: Carry it by the double handles or dropping from the shoulder with a shoulder pad for comfort
- Famous wearers: Emma Watson
3. Louis Vuitton City Steamer
Described as a “modern messenger bag” on the Vuitton site, the roomy Steamer arrived in 1901. This nod back to the trunk-making roots of the company now comes in a variety of materials, designs, and sizes. (Brown is the color chosen most often.) Purse aficionados consider it one of the most iconic Louis Vuitton bags.
- How to wear it: Hold onto it by its top handle or wear it crossbody
- Famous wearers: Two-time Best Actress Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain carried a Steamer Bag at the 70th Cannes Film Festival
4. Louis Vuitton Capucines
This LV bag first appeared in 2013 and its name honors LV’s first business address on Paris’s Rues des Capucines. The bag’s boxy shape harks back to purse styles of earlier years.
After its debut, the Capucines quickly gathered celebrity fans, including Angelina Jolie. In 2019, LV invited some top artists from around the world to contribute to its Artycapucines collection, using limited-edition Capucines bags as their blank canvases.
- How to wear it: Use it with the flap inside or out, and carry it by its single handle or removable strap
- Famous wearers: Jessica Chastain
5. Louis Vuitton Alma
Another LV bag that made its debut in the 1930s, this one sports the name of Paris’ Alma Bridge. Its double zippers keep your belongings safe inside and your smartphone stays secure in its own pocket.
- How to wear it: Choose your Alma from an abundance of colors, fabrics, and sizes, and carry it by hand or dangling from your elbow by its double handles
- Famous wearers: Rihanna and Kourtney Kardashian
6. Louis Vuitton Noe
A toast to this enduring bucket bag that was originally designed on request in 1932 to carry champagne! Drawstring closure keeps your things safe inside – even if you’re not toting the bubbly.
- How to wear it: Over the should with an adjustable, comfortable leather strap and gold-tone hardware for accent
- Famous wearers: Best Actress Oscar-winner Julianne Moore
7. Louis Vuitton Neverfull
What’s in a name, you may ask? In the case of this LV bag: accuracy. So roomy Mary Poppins would have loved it, and so stylish that so would any of the Sex & The City characters.
Vuitton introduced this Monogram canvas bag in 2007. It’s roomy without being unwieldy and has cowhide trim and side laces to cinch it to your liking. Available in three sizes and a choice of colors, including cherry, and prints.
The Neverfull ranks as one of the most profitable Louis Vuitton bags on the resale market.
- How to wear it: Wear it over-the-shoulder or dangling from your arm by the handles and put your extras in its removable pouch — or use the pouch as a separate clutch purse
- Famous wearers: Reese Witherspoon and Beyonce
8. Louis Vuitton Keepall
Another Louis Vuitton bag that’s true to its name. A standout classic in the company’s travel bag collection since its 1930 introduction, it features a double zipper and leather handles, as well as a detachable strap. This is the designer duffle to use when you need to pack a week’s worth of belongings in style.
Famous wearers: Supermodel Naomi Campbell
Shop Louis Vuitton Bags
To get the best price for your next LV handbag, why not consider shopping pre-owned? Shop Louis Vuitton bags at up to 80% off retail on myGemma, all pre-owned and expertly authenticated.
Browse a wide range of luxury handbags, jewelry and watches and enjoy free US shipping.
Sell Louis Vuitton Handbags
At WP Diamonds, we provide a fast, simple and safe way to sell your LV bags for the best price. From Birkins to Balenciaga, we buy your luxury items directly and believe in honest price quotes and transparent pricing.
- Speed: WP Diamonds is the modern and professional alternative to pawnbrokers, auctions, and online listings. Our process is designed to take as little as 24 hours from start to finish.
- Free Service: Our streamlined service is free of charge with no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer.
- Luxury Experts: Our team of industry veterans buy a wide range luxury handbags, jewelry and watches.
- Reputation: With an A+ BBB rating and over one thousand customer reviews, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. We do not believe in low ball offers, haggling or misleading price quotes: we offer our best prices upfront.
- Sell Online Or In Person: We provide free, fully insured shipping to send your items into our offices. Appointments are also available in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and in the UK, Monday-Friday.
Get your price quote from our luxury experts today.
About Louis Vuitton
An interlocking L & V repeated among a quatrefoil-and-flower motif – that’s the iconic and instantly recognizable Monogram pattern of Louis Vuitton. Founder Louis Vuitton’s son George designed it some 120 years ago.
Then a master trunk-maker, Louis Vuitton started his company in 1854. After World War II, leather purses became a staple of the line. Now, in addition to offering enduringly popular luxury handbag styles, LV introduces limited editions almost every season.
Jump forward to 2019, when LV introduced a glow-in-the-dark handbag! Will that be the next Louis Vuitton must-have bag?