Top 4 Most Popular Ring Settings
Looking to buy a new ring or choosing an engagement ring? With so many different ring settings available, from pave to cathedral to bezel settings, it can be difficult to choose your favorite.
We take a look at some of the most popular ring settings to help you decide which is the best for you.
What Are The Most Popular Ring Settings?
See below the 4 most popular ring settings this year.
- 4 Prong Setting: This classic look is perfect for the traditional bride or a timeless ring.
- Channel Setting: Add some extra bling to your ring with a channel setting.
- Halo Setting: For a glamorous and over the top look, without breaking the bank, the halo is your perfect choice.
- 3-Stone Setting: Popularized by celebrities and royalty, the 3-stone setting creates an elegant and sophisticated ring.
For a complete breakdown of the different ring settings available, read our article on ring settings.
Ring Setting Trends
We expect to see the three stone ring continue to rise in popularity throughout 2019, due largely to Meghan Markle’s stunning engagement ring. Celebrity engagement rings aways play a big role in the popularity of ring styles. We also expect to see a return to yellow gold and of course, gemstones are an increasingly popular choice. When choosing a setting, the most important thing is to choose something that you love. After all, you can always change your ring setting further down the line. If you are ready to upgrade your ring, why not trade it in to WP Diamonds? Simply fill out our online form to receive your price quote which you can accept in cash or for 10% more in store credit.
How To Choose A Ring Setting
There are a few steps to follow in order to chose a ring setting:
1. Establish a budget: Set a realistic price budget and be sure to stick to it. Not only will this help narrow down your search, but knowing your budget before you go to make a purchase will help you stay in charge of your finances.
2. Choose a metal type: White gold, yellow, platinum or silver? If choosing for a partner, consider what type of jewelry they normally wear and what metal types they favor.
3. Pick a style: Classic? Choose a prong setting for a timeless look. Unique? The three stone setting is a good option. Modern? Consider halo.