According to the recent Jewelers of America’s Fine Jewelry Industry Consumer and Retail Market Study, 50% of consumers believe that fine jewelry has sentimental value, making it the ideal gift for our nea...
Selling Panthere de CartierJanuary 24, 2018 - Jewelry Articles
- History of Panthere de Cartier
- How much is my Panthere de Cartier worth?
- How can I sell my Panthere de Cartier without box and papers?
- Where can I sell my Panthere de Cartier?
History of Panthere de Cartier
In 1914, Louis Cartier commissioned a painting of a women draped in a long necklace with a panther at her feet. Cartier loved the painting so much that he used it in advertisements and it soon became the symbol of Cartier. Later that year, the first Panthere piece was produced, a watch crafted with onyx and diamonds to create the spotted appearance of a panther. In 1935, designer Jeanne Toussaint created the first panther inspired jewelry which was a ring adorned with a panther’s head.
To celebrate the Panthere’s 100th anniversary in 2014, Cartier introduced a new line of Panthere jewelry consisting of rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces. Select pieces incorporated gemstones, such as the series’ signature emeralds for the panther’s eyes. The Panthere watch collection was reintroduced in 2017 with multiple variations. These watches were praised for their sleek designs including its square case with curved edges, eight piece screw down bezel, steel link bracelet and concealed clasp.
Arnaud Carrez, the marketing director of Cartier stated “This watch is a good opportunity for us to engage with many audiences and, in particular, a young generation.” He continues to explain that this watch series is the “crossroads between a jewel and a watch. We don’t want to launch it as another watch – we are presenting it as a piece of jewelry.”
How much is my Panthere de Cartier worth?
As a well-known and established luxury brand, Cartier’s jewelry and watches have strong resell value. If you are selling Panthere de Cartier jewelry, you can generally expect to receive 25% to 35% of the piece’s current retail price. The value of your Panthere jewelry and watches on the second-hand market are dependent on several factors:
- Materials: The materials that your jewelry and watch is made of, such as 18k yellow gold, emeralds or onyx.
- 4 C’s: If your jewelry or watch is adorned with any diamonds you will need to learn their cut grade, color grade, carat weight, and clarity grade.
- Model: Certain models, particularly limited edition watches, are highly valued for their exclusivity.
- Condition: If your jewelry or watch shows signs of wear the price can be affected. Conversely, if your pieces are in good condition you can receive a better resale price.
- Box and Papers: These are the box and papers that came with your purchase of your Panthere de Cartier. Box and papers help demonstrate the authenticity of your item, entice buyers, and increase your offer.
How can I sell my Panthere de Cartier without box and papers?
While selling with box and papers is preferable as it helps increase your offer, at WP Diamonds we are still able to make a strong offer even without box and papers. This is thanks to our team of experienced and knowledgeable designer jewelry buyers who can accurately authenticate your piece.
Where can I sell my Panthere de Cartier?
There are multiple places where you can sell your Panthere de Cartier jewelry and watches on the second-hand market. Find out which option is best suited to you:
Pros: A quick, local option for selling your jewelry and watches.
Cons: They do not employ designer jewelry or luxury watch experts. This often means your item will be undersold, as pawnshops typically make cautious offers on high-end items that they lack the specialist knowledge to authenticate.
- Auction Houses
Pros: Employs high-end jewelry and luxury watch experts.
Cons: You will need to wait for an auction to be held, there is no guarantee when or if your item will sell and the auction house will take a percentage of your earnings.
- Online Ads
Pros: User-friendly websites like Craigslist and eBay make it easy to put your items up for sale.
Cons: Without industry knowledge, it will be difficult to accurately price your item on the secondhand market. There is no guarantee when or if your item will sell and you must always be cautious of scammers.
- Online Designer Jewelry Buyers such as WP Diamonds
Pros: Employs designer jewelry and luxury watch experts who can accurately authenticate and assess the value of your Panthere de Cartier. A trusted specialty buyer has a history of success with positive reviews from customers and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. The process should also be free with your items fully insured, even if you do not accept the final offer.
Cons: Limited locations for in-person appointments. WP Diamonds offers appointments in New York, London, Birmingham (UK) and Hong Kong. You also have the option of mailing in your jewelry and watches, this is free, overnight and completely insured.
When you sell your Panthere de Cartier jewelry and watches with WP Diamonds you will receive an honest and competitive offer. Our process is so easy and fast that you can receive your offer in as little as 24 hours. You have the convenience of selling from the comfort of your home or by visiting one of WP Diamonds’ modern and private offices. When you mail your Panthere de Cartier, your items will always be fully insured and trackable. You can feel confident selling with us because of our 100% trust guarantee, A+ rating from the BBB and reviews from hundreds of satisfied customers.
How to sell your Panthere de Cartier:
- Fill out our simple online form.
- Receive a price quote.
- Mail your Panthere de Cartier to us through our free, fully insured and overnight shipping service OR schedule an appointment at one of our offices.
- Receive a final price.
- Accept your offer and receive payment in as little as 24 hours by check, wire, or cash (in person appointments only). OR have your items mailed back to you fully insured and for free the next day.
The entire process is free of charge, with no obligation to sell. To receive your price quote click the button below or get in touch with one of our experts today at 646-758-0270.