How To Sell My Watch
If you are wondering “how to sell my watch” and are unsure where to start, then this guide is for you. The reality is that selling watches is a seamless and quick process, but only when working with the right watch buyer.
But how do you know who to work with among the seemingly endless array of watch buyers? Keep reading as we guide you through the steps of finding an honest and competitive watch buyer as well as how you can get the best offer for your watch.
How To Sell My Watch In 4 Easy Steps:
1. Find A Reputable Watch Buyer
Below are the most popular watch buyers for you to consider:
- Pawnshops: Considered to be a quick, local and convenient way to get paid for your luxury watch in cash. While pawnshops may seem tempting, keep in mind that they do not have a staff of trained horologists. Meaning that they typically do not have the necessary skills to accurately value your watch. Typically, pawnshops make cautious offers which means that you will lose out on profits you could have made elsewhere.
- Auction Houses: A traditional selling option for high value items, auction houses employ horologists who can assess the worth of your timepiece. Selling with an auction house is partially a waiting game. You will need to wait for an auction to be held and for your watch to actually sell during an auction, which could take months. If your watch is sold, the auction house will take a percentage of your profits.
- Private Buyers: There are multiple user-friendly websites such as Craigslist, eBay and Facebook that let you put your watch up for sale. This way, you get to sell your watch directly to its buyer for your desired price. While selling your timepiece at your own price sounds ideal, accurately pricing your luxury watch is difficult without the necessary understanding of the pre-owned watch market. You will also need to wait for someone who is interested in your exact watch, at the exact price that you are looking to sell it at which can take some time. It is also very important to be wary of scammers.
- Expert Watch Buyers: WP Diamonds is a leading, international buyer of luxury timepieces. Our team of watch industry experts can provide accurate and competitive price quotes.
Our process is completely free, secure and at no risk to you. The entire process is streamlined to take as little as 24 hours. Best of all, there are no hidden fees or commissions deducted from your final offer. Our exceptional customer service has earned us an A+ BBB rating and over one thousand positive customer reviews.
2. Determine The Value Of Your Watch
Now that you have a watch buyer in mind, the next step is gathering all of the information about your watch. The following will affect the value of your watch:
- Brand: Some watch brands have stronger resale value than others, such as Patek Philippe and Rolex.
- Model: Certain watch models, i.e. vintage or limited edition watches, can be in higher demand than others. You can find your watch’s model number on its official paperwork and some brands print the number on the back of the watch’s case.
- Condition: The condition of your pre-owned timepiece plays an important role. If your watch has not been serviced in several years, is broken or has been repaired with pieces from another brand, this will impact its value. Alternately, if your watch is in good condition with regular servicing, its resale value will be stronger. Be sure to hold onto your servicing papers to demonstrate authenticity to potential buyers.
- Box and Papers: These are the official box and papers that came with your watch when it was purchased. By having your watch’s box and papers, you can illustrate your watch’s authenticity and get a higher final offer. Collectors prefer to buy watches, particularly vintage and limited edition watches, with their original box and papers in good condition. However, you can still sell your timepiece without its box and papers.
3. Get A Quote
When you work with WP Diamonds, getting an honest price quote is easy. Complete our simple online form and one of our watch experts will be back to you with a price quote.
4. Get Paid
When customers ask us “how to sell my watch to WP Diamonds?”, we always offer two convenient selling methods:
- In-person: You can schedule an appointment at one of our modern, comfortable and secure offices in New York, the UK , Tokyo or Hong Kong. Your appointment will last around 30 minutes, during which time one of our experts will conduct a thorough evaluation of your watch. You can accept payment for your timepiece by wire, check or cash (in-person appointments only).
- Online: Our most popular selling method is to sell your watch online with our free and fully insured shipping. When your watch arrives at our office it will be opened on camera and you will be notified of its arrival. Once it is assessed by our experts, we will be in touch with a final offer. You can receive payment through wire or check or have your watch returned free of charge.
To learn how much your luxury watch is worth today, click the button below or call 646-758-0270 to speak with our experts today.