Why Would Someone Want to Return an Engagement Ring? Engagement rings are a major investment that can cost up to thousands of dollars and are a physical representation of a couple’s relationship. However, th...
How to Sell Trinity de CartierJanuary 12, 2018 - Jewelry Articles
- History of Trinity de Cartier
- How much is my Trinity de Cartier Worth?
- How to sell my Trinity de Cartier without Box and Papers?
- Where to my Sell Trinity de Cartier?
History of Trinity de Cartier
Since Cartier’s creation in 1847, the brand has been known for their unique and colorful jewelry. The first Trinity ring was made by Louis Cartier in 1924 at the request of Jean Cocteau, a French artist, writer and filmmaker. This movable ring was made of intertwined white gold, yellow gold and rose gold bands. Each band represents the stages of a romantic relationship with white gold representing friendship, yellow gold representing fidelity and rose gold representing true love.
Trinity de Cartier has remained the brand’s longest running and most popular jewelry series. Pierre Rainero, Cartier’s artistic, image and strategy director, stated that, “Not only is the design still very contemporary, but also it was very modern when it was created.” This collection has expanded to include necklaces, earrings and bracelets while utilizing materials such as colored stones and pearls.
How much is my Trinity de Cartier Worth?
Since Cartier is a widely known and sought-after high end jewelry brand, their jewelry has good resell value. The value of your Trinity De Cartier jewelry is dependent on several factors, typically you can expect to receive anywhere between 25% – 35% of its retail price.
The factors that affect value include:
- 4 C’s – If there are any diamonds on the jewelry you will need to know their carat weight, color grade, clarity grade and cut grade.
- Materials – The materials the jewelry is made of such as 18K rose gold or black ceramic.
- Age – The year the jewelry was made.
- How worn it is – How much you have worn the jewelry and if it shows sign of wear such as scratches and missing diamonds.
- Box and Papers – These refer to the box that your jewelry came in and its official documentation papers.
How to sell my Trinity de Cartier without Box and Papers?
When selling your high-end jewelry, it is ideal that you have the original box and papers that came with your jewelry purchase. There are unfortunately a large amount of counterfeit Cartier jewelry being sold on the market. Having your jewelry’s original box and papers helps you show their authenticity and can give you up to 10% more on your offer. However, even without box and papers, you can still sell your Trinity de Cartier.
First gather any documentation you have about your jewelry, this can include its receipt, warranty card and information booklet. All of these documents will better assist you in demonstrating the authenticity of your jewelry and can expedite the selling process. To learn the characteristics of your jewelry, such as its color grade, cut grade, and materials, you can meet with a local jeweler. You do not need to ask for a written appraisal as they cost money, rather you can ask for a general idea of your jewelry that you can share with a potential buyer.
Where to my Sell Trinity de Cartier
You have several options available to you for selling your Trinity de Cartier:
- Pawnshops – Pawnshops allow you to quickly sell your jewelry and get paid. However, as they do not have designer jewelry specialists on staff, you will not be paid for the actual value of your jewelry.
- Auction – Auction houses employ trained specialists who can determine the value of your jewelry. However, you will need to wait for an auction to be held and for your item to sell, if it does sell at all. Auction houses will also take a percentage of whatever your jewelry was bought for.
- Online – There are numerous sites where you can privately sell your items online such as Craigslist which allows you to name your own price. Similarly to auction houses you have no guarantee when your item will sell and if it will sell at all. Always use caution in this scenario: do not share banking information or meet with a stranger alone.
- Specialty Buyers – Specialty designer jewelry buyers, such as WP Diamonds, can give you a competitive, quick and honest price quote for your Trinity de Cartier jewelry. WP Diamonds has trained jewelry, diamond and luxury watch experts on staff. Our process is entirely safe, easy and can take as little as 24 hours. There are no hidden fees or commissions taken from your offer, so the final offer you get is exactly the amount of money you will receive. You can feel confident in our 100% trust guarantee, A+ rating from the BBB and positive reviews from hundreds of customers.
How to Sell by Trinity de Cartier with WP Diamonds
- Fill out our simple online form.
- Receive your price quote.
- Ship your Trinity de Cartier (free, overnight and fully insured) as well as any other jewelry or luxury watches you want to sell. Or you can make an appointment to visit WP Diamonds in person.
- Get a final price.
- Accept your offer and receive payment in as little as 24 hours. Or have your items shipped back to you fully insured and for free.
Click the button below to receive your price quote today or call our GIA certified experts at 646-758-0270 if you have questions about the process.