Known for its timeless elegance, Van Cleef & Arpels’ Alhambra collection is one of the brand’s most iconic series. If you are considering selling your Alhambra jewelry, there has never been an easier ti...
How to sell Tiffany Key NecklacesMarch 23, 2018 - Jewelry Articles
- About Tiffany Key necklaces
- How much is my Tiffany Key necklace worth?
- How to sell Tiffany Key necklaces online
- What do Tiffany Key necklaces represent?
About Tiffany Key Necklaces
Tiffany Key necklaces, although a somewhat recent addition to the Tiffany collection, are intrinsic to the Tiffany style and image. First introduced in 2009, the Key necklace emerged when Tiffany were inspired by some vintage keys from the Tiffany archive. Since then, the collection simply entitled “Tiffany Keys” has expanded into a comprehensive range of products, ranging from more simple pieces such as the East-west Oval Pendant to more intricate and embellished designs such as the Enchant Dragonfly Key Pedant.
Although the key necklaces were an immediate success, their appearance on a widely popular television series really cemented their esteem. The television show in question is Gossip Girl, which had a cult following and was renowned for its stylish characters who inspired the show’s viewers. The Tiffany Key necklaces became extremely popular after Leighton Meester’s character Blair Waldorf was spotted wearing a white gold fleur de lis Tiffany key pendant.
Despite only being introduced to the Tiffany collection just under a decade ago, Tiffany now boasts over 250 jewelry models in the key collection. As well as pendant necklaces, the key collection contains bracelets, pendants without chain, rings and earrings. The keys come in a variety of different shapes, sizes and materials. The most popular style of Tiffany Key necklace is the crown key.
The difference in price between the most affordable and most expensive key is quite drastic. The prices range from $175, for a simple sterling silver heart key, to $16,700, for a pendant necklaces encrusted with yellow and white diamonds on a platinum and gold key. This range in price is emblematic of Tiffany’s approach to jewelry selling. Despite being a luxury jewelry brand, Tiffany still seeks to create pieces that are accessible and affordable to a range of different budgets.
How much is my Tiffany Key Necklace worth?
As there is such a wide range of Tiffany Key necklaces, this will depend on a variety of factors:
- Which model you have.
- What condition your jewelry is in. Any marks or signs of deterioration on the necklace will have an impact on the resale value.
- If you still have the original box and papers that your Tiffany key necklace came with at the time of purchase, this can add value.
To get your price for your Tiffany Key necklace, start by getting a free expert price quote.
How to sell Tiffany Key Necklaces online
Tiffany jewelry is always high in demand due to the brand’s reputation for creating timeless pieces. If you want to sell a Tiffany Key necklace or sell your Tiffany jewelry online, there are a few viable options:
- Sell Tiffany jewelry on an auction site: Selling on sites such as eBay and Craigslist is quick and easy. However, there are drawbacks to this approach, largely due to the number of counterfeited items that are posted on these websites. It can often be difficult for buyers to determine from photographs whether or not the items are authentic, which can be a deterrent for buyers as many replicas can be extremely convincing. So unless you have a strong history of selling authenticated designer jewelry, it may be difficult to find a buyer on these types of platforms.
- Sell Tiffany jewelry at online auction house: Not all online auction houses will accept Tiffany jewelry. Rarer, high value pieces are more likely to be accepted. This type of sale can be problematic however s there is no guarantee of sale and if the reserve price is set too low, then your item may undersell. Another issue is that the fees are often quite high. Auction houses are usually best for rare items.
- Sell Tiffany jewelry to expert buyers: The main advantage of selling to expert online buyers, such as WP Diamonds, is that our jewelry experts have the knowledge and expertise to authenticate your items and thereby determine an accurate resale value. Selling to WP Diamonds is a quick and secure process and best of all there are no hidden fees. The price we give you is the amount you will get and payments can be made in as little as 24 hours. WP Diamonds is an A+ BBB accredited business with hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers, so you know you are in safe hands when you sell with us. To sell your Tiffany Key necklace or other luxury jewelry today, simply fill in our online form today to receive your offer.
Pro tip before selling your Tiffany jewelry:
Whenever you are gifted jewelry or buy a piece for yourself, it is important to keep ahold of the receipt, box and any authentication papers that it came with. It is best if you still have the iconic turquoise box that Tiffany jewelry comes in, however if you do not, it is still possible to sell your jewelry but you may lose some of the value. Having the original documentation makes it easier to determine its authenticity which adds to its value.
What do key necklaces represent?
The significance of key necklaces varies greatly, depending on culture. Often, key necklaces are gifted for 21st birthdays, as they can be representative of being old enough to be entrusted with important keys such as car keys or the keys to a home. In this case, the keys represent reaching full adulthood and being mature enough to be considered mature and trustworthy.
In other cases, key necklaces are symbolic of good fortune and achievement – the key thereby represents unlocking potential. When interpreted in this way, key necklaces make a great present for a graduation present or as a reward for an achievement.
From a more romantic perspective, keys are symbolic of unlocking your heart to someone. Giving a key necklace to a loved one symbolizes that the owner of the key is the only person who can reach your heart.
According to Tiffany, the keys represent unlocking possibilities and moving forward.