A pioneer whose name would become synonymous with American style, Charles Lewis Tiffany began a “stationary and fancy goods store” in 1837, alongside his friend John B. Young. With a $1,000 advance from hi...
How to Sell Tiffany & Co. Jewelry Without Box and PapersMay 17, 2017 - Jewelry Articles
Whenever you are looking to sell preowned jewelry, the first step is to gather any information that you have about your jewelry. This includes any box and papers that came with the jewelry at the time that it was purchased. However, sometimes things get lost or misplaced over time.
If you are looking to sell your Tiffany & Co jewelry and do not have the original box and papers, here are some questions that may be asking yourself:
- What are the Tiffany box and papers?
- Why are they important?
- Does selling jewelry without the box and papers affect the price?
- What should I do if I don’t have the original box and papers?
- Where can I sell my Tiffany & Co jewelry without box and papers?
WHAT ARE THE TIFFANY JEWELRY BOX AND PAPERS?
These can include:
- Presentation box
- Warranty card
- Certificate of authenticity
- Information booklet
Note: The condition of the box and papers is also important, it must be legible and in good condition to be of value.
WHY ARE JEWELRY BOX AND PAPERS IMPORTANT?
Having the original documents will ensure that you get the best possible price. The reason being is that the box and papers ensures its authenticity. Keeping these that when it comes to selling time, it will be an easier and faster process.
Tiffany & Co has a highly identifiable, iconic blue box that all its jewelry comes in, the box identifies your jewelry as being authentic. The Tiffany & Co blue box is provided with merchandise purchase and cannot be bought alone. Tiffany & Co also has a policy that their boxes cannot be sold on eBay.
DOES IT AFFECT THE VALUE OF MY TIFFANY JEWELRY?
Yes. Retaining your Tiffany & Co jewelry box adds up to 10% more to the value of your item.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL BOX AND PAPERS?
- Look for any additional information you may have, such as a receipt. You may have retained a hardcopy receipt from the purchase, or if your jewelry was bought more recently, to a digital receipt.
- Any other information that may have come with your jewelry when purchased is useful to certify the authenticity of the piece. For example, a jewelry tag.
- Sell to a specialist jewelry buyer that will buy Tiffany & Co jewelry without box and papers, such as WP Diamonds.
WHERE CAN I SELL MY PREOWNED TIFFANY & CO. JEWELRY WITHOUT BOX AND PAPERS?
At WP Diamonds, we understand that things go missing. We can buy your preowned Tiffany & Co jewelry without the original box and papers. Although some buyers may require them, we have the ability to buy without. Our expertise and global purchasing power means that we can offer you the best possible price for your Tiffany & Co jewelry as well as a quick and safe transaction. Simply fill out our online form today for an offer, or make an appointment to visit one of our locations (New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Birmingham [UK] and London [UK]) in person. We will need to examine your jewelry in order to determine its authenticity and its value.