How To Sell Tag Heuer Watches
Selling a Tag Heuer watch does not need to be stressful. Our guide will teach you how to prepare to sell Tag Heuer watches, find out how much it is worth and where you can get the best offer in four simple steps.
Are you ready to sell your Tag Heuer watch but not sure how to start? Selling luxury watches is now easier than ever thanks to an endless array of luxury watch buyers. However, reputable watch buyers who can provide you with honest and competitive prices are not as abundant. So the question remains: how to sell Tag Heuer watches?
Our guide will teach you how to sell Tag Heuer watches, find out how much it is worth and where you can get the best offer in four simple steps.
How To Sell Tag Heuer Watches:
- Step 1: Gather information on your Tag
- Step 2: Compare watch buyers
- Step 3: Get a price quote for your Tag Heuer
- Step 4: Get a final price and get paid for your Tag Heuer
Step 1: Gather Information
The following factors will affect the value of your timepiece:
- Watch Model: Certain watch models are in higher demand than others, such as limited-edition watches or vintage pieces. The watch model should be listed on any watch paperwork that came with the piece as well as on the back of the case.
- Age of the Watch: The age of your watch will influence its worth. A Tag Heuer Autavia watch from the 1960’s may be more valuable to collectors than a modern Autivia watch.
- Condition of the watch: If your watch has not been regularly serviced, has damage or repair with parts from another brand, this will impact the price. The good news is that you can sell damaged Tag Heuer watches.
- The original Box and papers: You can certainly sell Tag Heuers without box and papers, but having them will help demonstrate your watch’s authenticity and increase your final offer. Collectors prefer to buy watches, especially vintage timepieces, with their box and papers in good condition.
Step 2: Compare Watch Buyers
PROS: Pawn shops are a fast, local option with the option of cash payment.
CONS: Pawnbrokers are not luxury watch experts therefore they tend to make cautious price offers. Your watch will likely be undervalued and you could get a much higher price elsewhere.
- Auction Houses
PROS: A traditional selling option for high value items that have watch experts on staff who can assess the value of your Tag Heuer.
CONS: You will need to wait for an auction to be held as well for your watch to sell, which could take weeks or months. If your watch does sell, the auction house will take a percentage of your earnings.
- Online Ads
PROS: User-friendly websites such as Craigslist allow you to easily put your watch up for sale. You get to set your watch’s price and pick its buyer.
CONS: Without industry knowledge of the second-hand luxury watch market, it can be difficult to accurately price your watch. There is no guarantee when or if your watch will sell. You will need to be careful of scammers and ensure that you never share any personal information.
- Online Auctions:
PROS: Auction websites like eBay let you set your own price for your watch and if your watch is bid on by enough people, the value of your timepiece will rise.
CONS: There is no guarantee that your watch will receive multiple bids that will raise its price. Similarly to selling through an online ad, there is no guarantee that your watch will sell and you will always need to be cautious of scammers.
- Specialist Online Watch Buyers
PROS: Your best option is to work with expert watch buyers like WP Diamonds. Our team of luxury watch specialists can accurately value your watch based on the second-hand market.
As a global luxury buyer, we are able to make strong and honest offers. Our free and secure service has earned us an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of customer reviews.
Sell Tag watches online or via appointment, the entire process can take as little as 24 hours. We buy a wide range of watch brands including Jaeger Lecoultre, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet and more.
CONS: Limited locations for in-person appointments. WP Diamonds offers appointments in NYC, Tokyo, Hong Kong and the UK, as well as the option to sell online.
Step 3: Get A Price Quote
Selling your Tag Heuer watch, as well as any other luxury watches, diamonds, luxury jewelry or handbags with WP Diamonds is easy. Fill out our online form to get your price quote.
Step 4: Get A Final Price And Get Paid
We offer two convent methods for getting a final price for your watch:
- Schedule An Appointment: We offer appointments at our modern and secure offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and in the UK. Appointments typically last 30 minutes. You have the choice of receiving payment by check, wire or cash.
- Sell Online: Send in your Tag Heuer watch from the convenience of your home with our free, fully insured and trackable shipping service. Your watch will be opened on camera and we will notify you when it arrives. Once your watch is evaluated you can accept payment by bank transfer or check. If you do not accept our offer, we will mail your item back to you at no cost.