Selling David Yurman Novella jewelry? We understand that you want to get paid what your jewelry is actually worth, instead of settling for a local pawnshop’s offer. Finding a reputable and competitive luxury ...
Sell Jewelry in New YorkSeptember 23, 2019 - Jewelry Articles
Get the answers to the following questions:
- Where to sell jewelry in New York?
- Who is the best jewelry buyer in New York?
- How much is my jewelry worth?
- How to sell jewelry in New York for the best price?
Where to sell jewelry in New York?
When people come to NYC to sell their jewelry, two main buyers come to mind:
- The Diamond District: Located on 47th street, the Diamond District is easy to spot as two large diamond adorned pillars mark the parameters of the district. The Diamond District houses thousands of diamond buyers, sellers, cutters, repairmen and jewelry makers. But while it may be the heart of New York’s jewelry business, it’s hectic and overcrowded streets do not make for a luxury experience.
- WP Diamonds: Easily accessible from Times Square, Grand Central, Bryant Park and just a few blocks from the Diamond District is WP Diamonds. Established in 2012, WP Diamonds was created by industry veterans who recognized the lack of fast, safe, transparent and consumer friendly services for selling luxury jewelry. Now a leading international buyer of designer jewelry, diamonds and luxury watches, our modern and professional offices are located in New York as well as the UK and Hong Kong. Away from the hustle and bustle and bartering of the Diamond District, our goal is to deliver a fast, secure, discreet and high-end selling experience with strong prices. Our commitment to providing an unparalleled selling process is illustrated in our hundreds of outstanding reviews and A+ rating with the BBB.
Best NYC Jewelry Buyers
What is the difference between selling jewelry in the Diamond District versus WP Diamonds?
Location: Midtown Manhattan, between Fifth and Sixth Avenue
Atmosphere: The Diamond District is a high pressure environment, teeming with crowded store fronts and hawkers vying for passersby’ attention. With the seemingly endless array of sellers, it can be difficult to know who to meet with, let alone try to find the perfect buyer offering competitive prices for your jewelry. Unless you have done extensive research and know specific buyer’s reviews, accreditations and affiliations, finding the best place to sell your jewelry in the Diamond District is no easy feat. When you step into a shop, you will quickly realize that selling within the Diamond District far from a luxurious experience.
What you can sell: Gold, jewelry, diamonds and watches.
How to sell: Inquire with various businesses in the district.
How long it takes: In the Diamond District, it simply depends on how many businesses you meet with and how long you spend haggling on prices.
Prices: Many buyers use high-pressure sales tactics. It can be easy to fall victim to unscrupulous methods and walk away with less money than what your jewelry is actually worth. Haggling is the norm when it comes to establishing a price.
Location: 535 Fifth Avenue, 11th floor
Atmosphere: WP Diamonds is a seamless and upscale solution for selling luxury jewelry. Just a short distance from the crowded Diamond District, we offer a professional service in a calm, secure and discreet environment.
What you can sell: We buy designer jewelry from brands such as Tiffany, Bulgari, Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels and every luxury brand in between. We also buy diamonds, diamond jewelry (with at least one stone of 0.5ct or larger) and luxury watches.
How to sell: Schedule an appointment at our modern and conveniently located NYC headquarters Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm; we accept walk-ins. We also offer free, fully insured, overnight shipping for customers outside of New York.
How long it takes to sell: Appointments are typically 30 minutes long, during which you will meet with a client manager and have your jewelry evaluated by one of our luxury jewelry experts.
Prices: Unlike many other jewelry buyers, we buy your jewelry outright. This means that you never have to wait for auctions to be held or for us to sell your jewelry through a middleman in order to get paid. Our team of jewelry experts have the necessary knowledge and industry experience to analyze the current second-hand jewelry market and make strong offers. We offer our best price upfront so as to avoid a haggling experience. You can accept our final offer in cash, by check or wire. Best of all, our service is completely free, with no hidden fees or commissions deducted from your offer and there is no obligation to sell.
How much is your jewelry worth?
The value of your secondhand luxury jewelry is dependent on multiple factors:
- Brand: Certain brands better hold their value on their second-hand market. For example, pre-owned Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry sellers typically get back 50% of their jewelry’s original purchase price.
- Materials: Luxury jewelry can be made in an array of materials such as 18k gold, sterling silver, ceramic and titanium among others. Identify exactly what materials your jewelry is made with.
- Gemstones: Your jewelry may feature diamonds, pink sapphires, amethyst or rubies among dozens of other gemstones. Be sure to indicate exactly what gemstones your jewelry has as well as their carat weight.
- Condition: The condition of your jewelry can play a significant factor in your jewelry’s value. For instance, jewelry that has been well maintained will be worth more than jewelry that is damaged and therefore requires costly repairs.
- Box and Papers: The box and papers that came with your jewelry when purchased are valuable materials that demonstrate the authenticity of your jewelry. When kept in good condition, the box and papers will add value.
To find out how much your jewelry is worth, complete our online form today.
How to sell jewelry in New York for the best price?
The best way to get the most money for your jewelry is to work with an established and reputable NYC jewelry buyer. Research buyers thoroughly, read their reviews and check their credentials.
Unlike local buyers, at WP Diamonds have international industry connections and the necessary buying power to ensure that you always receive the highest offers for your jewelry. We work with hundreds of customers on a daily basis, our competitive prices and unparalleled customer service have earned us an A+ BBB rating and stellar customer reviews. Whether you decide to sell in person or online through our fully insured, overnight and trackable shipping service, our professional process makes selling luxury jewelry easy and enjoyable.
Click the button below to start selling with New York’s leading luxury jewelry buyers today.