How To Sell High-End Jewelry Online
People sell high-end jewelry for a variety of reasons. It may be that it is something that they no longer wear, something that they inherited or that they simply need the cash. The bottom line is that selling your Harry Winston ring, Chopard necklace or Graff earrings will allow you to generate money. And this can be put towards upgrading your jewelry, paying off your mortgage, vacations… the list is endless.
Whatever your reason for selling, the most important thing is to find a trustworthy seller that will pay you a fair amount. There are 2 steps to follow in order sell your fine jewelry:
1. Find Out The Details On Your Piece
Any buyer will want to know the details of the item that you are looking to sell. Below we have outlined the key information you need:
|INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED|
|DIAMONDS||The carat weight, color grade and clarity grade. You can typically find this information on a diamond certificate (such as a GIA certificate, Gemological Institute of America), jewelry insurance or appraisal.|
|METAL||Is it gold, platinum or silver? If it is gold, what is the karat weight? Karat weight refers to the purity of the gold.|
|GEMSTONES||Carat weight. This refers to the weight of the diamond, measured in carats.|
|BRAND||Is it Tiffany, Chopard, Van Cleef, Cartier, Graff, Harry Winston etc.? Luxury designer brands sell for a premium, especially if you still have the original box and papers.|
|TIME PERIOD||Is your jewelry modern? Or are you selling vintage jewelry or antique jewelry?|
You may have the original paperwork on your piece that details the brand and the quality of any precious metals or stones. In which case you are in a good position to start selling.
If you do not, then it is important to get an educated opinion. A local jeweler can often give you a good idea of the characteristics of your jewelry at no cost. You do not need to ask for a written appraisal (there are typically costs associated with this).
2. Best Ways To Sell High-End Jewelry Online
So what options are available to you? Popular options for selling high-end jewelry include:
Sell Online To Consumers
- Examples: EBay, Craigslist.
- Pros: Popular option, quick to upload details of your jewelry.
- Cons: Difficult to set a reserve price without working with jewelry specialists. An online auction can be a time consuming way to sell jewelry online. Always stay alert for scammers when selling to members of the public instead of established jewelry buying companies.
Sell Online To High-End Jewelry Buyers
- Example: WP Diamonds.
- Pros: Quick and easy, selling online allows you to sell from the comfort of your home. Get your price quote today: there are no fees, you will receive a competitive price and work with designer jewelry experts. We buy your jewelry outright with no middle man, meaning that the entire process can take as little as 24 hours.
- Cons: Should you opt for an in person appointment, there are limited locations (WP Diamonds has appointments in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and in the UK).
Sell Jewelry Locally
- Example: Pawn shops, Jewelers.
- Pros: Local, convenient.
- Cons: Low prices unless sold on consignment, which is long process with no guarantee of sale and the jeweler takes a percentage of the sale price.
Regardless of whom you choose to sell your high-end jewelry to, we always recommend that you take the following precautions:
- Work with a company that has an A+ rating from the BBB.
- Check reviews from previous customers.
- Check that there are no upfront fees involved.
Sell High-End Jewelry Today
At WP Diamonds, our designer and luxury jewelry experts are on hand to help you sell your high-end jewelry. Our process can take as little as 24 hours and there are no fees involved. With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of online reviews from our customers, you can sell your jewelry safe in the knowledge that you are dealing with a trustworthy company.
Simply click the button to receive your free quote. We can then schedule an in-person appointment for you to sell your high-end jewelry. Or we can send you a free and fully insured FedEx Priority Overnight Shipping Label to send your item to our headquarters for a final price.
The final step is easy. We pay by check or wire and if you choose not to accept the item, we return it to you free of charge the following business day. It’s simple, hassle-free and convenient.
We also offer the option of upgrading your high-end jewelry. Sell your jewelry and get 10% off diamond jewelry, designer jewelry, luxury watches and handbags.
What Is High-End Jewelry?
You may be wondering what is defined as high-end jewelry. “High-end” is of course a subjective term.
Designer jewelry from luxury brands such as Chopard, BVLGARI or Van Cleef & Arpels is considered high-end jewelry. Equally, diamond jewelry such as an engagement ring or diamond ring with high quality diamonds would also be considered high-end.
The fact is, if your jewelry or luxury watch has monetary or emotional value you will of course be looking to sell it securely and for the best price. That is where WP Diamonds comes in. We understand the value of your jewelry and always work our hardest to get you the most money. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer care, professionalism and expert knowledge of the second-hand luxury market.