Since their opening in 1931, the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) have quickly established themselves as the foremost authority in gemology and become the industry standard in gemological sciences. The...
Sell Diamond Necklaces In 5 Easy StepsApril 12, 2017 - Jewelry Articles
If you are considering selling your diamond necklace, a few questions that you might be considering are: How much is my diamond necklace worth? How to sell diamond necklaces securely and for the best possible price? Where should I sell my diamond necklace: online auction, pawnbroker or specialist diamond buyers?
Sell diamond necklaces in 5 easy steps:
- Gather information on the necklace
- Research selling options
- Get a price quote
- Get a final price
- Get paid
1. GATHER INFORMATION
If you have information on your diamond necklace:
Gather this together. This includes any documents or diamond grading certificates from the store where you obtained the diamond necklace. It is best if you have the original box it came in with any documents, so long as they are in good condition.
If you do not have information on your diamond necklace:
It is possible that you do not have any information about your diamond necklace, for example if it has been lost or if your diamond jewelry was gifted to you. In this case, it is best to consult a jewelers for a free, verbal appraisal. Written appraisals usually have to be paid for, however verbal appraisals are typically provided free of charge. You will need to know the carat weight, color grade and clarity grade of the diamonds.
2. RESEARCH SELLING OPTONS: where to sell diamond necklaces?
- Pawnshop: Pawning your jewelry is a quick way to receive money, however you will need to pay substantial interest if you wish to eventually retrieve your items.
- Local Jewelry Store: Selling to a jewelry store is a fast and easy process, however the store will take a large cut of the value as they are looking to make a profit.
- Auction: You have the option of either selling your diamond necklace on auction sites, or at an auction house. It can be risky to sell high value jewelry on auction sites as you may not receive the best value for your piece and it can take weeks, months or even years. Auction houses are great for selling jewelry to specialists, however the process can be rather lengthy and the auction house will take a percentage of the sale price.
- Diamond Buyers: For the best selling experience and to receive a competitive offer for your diamond necklace, our jewelry buyer experts at WP Diamonds are on hand to value your diamond necklace. Our diamond experts are GIA trained professionals so you know you are in safe hands and will receive an accurate and fair offer. The GIA is the foremost authority in gemology and the highest industry standard for diamond grading. The entire selling process can take as little as 24 hours. WP Diamonds had an A+ BBB rating and hundreds of customer reviews, which ensures that you are entering a secure selling process with a reputable business.
3. GET A QUOTE
Fill out our online form today to receive your offer. There are no hidden fees and the offer we give you is the amount you get. Sell diamond necklaces, designer jewelry, luxury watches and handbags to our team of in-house experts.
4. Get a final price
We conveniently have locations in the US, Hong Kong, Tokyo and the UK for appointments. Alternatively we offer free shipping and insurance of your jewelry to our headquarters for a final price.
5. Get paid
Get paid by wire, in cash (appointments only) or in store credit for an additional 10% more on your offer.
Sell Diamond Necklaces: How much is my diamond necklace worth?
It is important to keep in mind that the value given to you by a professional appraiser is not the same as the amount that you will obtain for the pieces of jewelry if you choose to sell. This value on appraisals and insurance documents are inflated and not reflective of what the item is worth at resale.
This is because higher insurance values allow insurance companies to charge high premiums. To obtain an accurate estimation based on the current secondhand market receive an offer your diamond necklace, visit WP Diamonds either in person or online.
Pendants vs Multi Stone Necklaces
A pendant necklace will typically have one centre stone or a diamond drop feature, whereas a multi-stone necklace will feature several diamonds across the necklace.
When selling a pendant necklace, the value of the necklace will be dependent on the center stone only and (if applicable) the precious metal. When selling a multi-stone necklace, the value will depend on the total carat weight and number of diamonds on the necklace.
This will differ if the jewelry itself is a particularly sought after design or from a luxury brand. The value will also depend on whether the jewelry is antique or vintage. Working with diamond and jewelry experts will help establish the true value of your necklace.