How To Sell An Engagement Ring
Are you ready to sell your engagement ring but not sure how to start? With the right buyer, selling your diamond engagement ring online can be a smooth and enjoyable process. As engagement ring experts, we will show you everything you need to know to sell engagement rings safely, easily and for the best prices.
Find out how to sell an engagement ring online in as little as 24 hours:
- How to sell an engagement ring?
- Where to sell an engagement ring?
- How much is a diamond engagement ring worth?
- What if I am not sure that my diamond is real?
- Is it safe to sell diamond engagement rings online?
How To Sell An Engagement Ring?
Sell your diamond ring to WP Diamonds in 5 simple steps:
- Complete our online form with information about your engagement ring.
- Receive your bespoke price quote from our experts.
- Mail-in your engagement ring to our office with our free, fully insured, overnight and trackable mailing label. Or schedule an appointment in New York or the UK.
- Receive your final price after your engagement ring is evaluated by our gemologists.
- Accept your payment by wire or check, or request to have your ring sent back to you for free.
Where To Sell An Engagement Ring?
A quick search online will show you dozens of pages filled with potential engagement ring buyers. From pawn shops to local jewelers to auction houses. Why not save yourself from an endless search and sell the ring directly to the luxury experts?
About WP Diamonds
At WP Diamonds, we provide a professional and simple solution for selling diamond engagement rings online. We have streamlined the entire process: it’s fast, free and completely secure. Thanks to our international presence, global connections and team of industry experts, we always provide our clients with competitive offers.
- Speed: We buy your diamond engagement ring or other fine jewelry outright. So whether you sell to WP Diamonds by appointment or online, the entire process can take as little as 24 hours.
- Free: No fees or commissions deducted from your final offer.
- Customer Reviews: We have over one thousand fantastic reviews from satisfied customers. As well as an A+ rating with the BBB.
- Diamond Experts: Established in 2012, WP Diamonds is made of a team of diamond industry veterans. We specialize in the diamond resale market.
- Convenience: We provide the option of selling online, with free shipping and insurance. As well as the option of selling in person via appointment. Appointments are available in New York and in the UK (London and Birmingham).
- No Obligation To Sell: We do not believe in haggling or low-balling our customers. We simply provide our best price upfront. If you refuse our offer, we return it free of charge. There is never any obligation to sell.
- Luxury Selling Process: Every customer is paired with a dedicated client representative. They are on hand to answer any questions you may have at any stage of the process.
How Much Is A Diamond Engagement Ring Worth?
Diamond engagement rings do not have one set price. Much like selling a car or a house, there are multiple factors that determine an engagement ring’s worth.
- The quality of the largest stone: The bulk of the value of your ring comes from the largest diamond. The quality of the center stone is determined largely by the 4C’s. These are the globally accepted diamond grading criteria, established by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). These grades detail the characteristics of your diamond: carat weight, color grade, clarity grade and cut grade.
- Setting: The setting adds some value to your diamond engagement ring. You will also need to know the basics about your diamond engagement ring’s setting.
- Certification: Your diamond engagement ring likely came with paperwork when purchased, detailing the diamond’s characteristics.
- Type: Diamond certificates vary by type, but the GIA is considered the most accurate and detailed.
- What They Do: This contains a wealth of information including your diamond’s 4 C’s, polish, fluorescence and much more.
- Why It Matters: Having certification, specifically a GIA certificate, will help you during the selling process. It illustrates the quality of your diamond to potential buyers.
- Brand: Designer brands, such as Tiffany & Co., Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels, retain good value on the second-hand market. Selling a designer engagement ring with its branded box and papers will further increase its value.
What If I Am Not Sure That My Diamond Is Real?
If you were gifted the ring or inherited it, you may have wondered if the diamond was real. There are plenty of diamond simulants on the market that can look like the real thing. For example, moissanite and cubic zirconia. There are several tests that you can do at home to help tell you if you have a real diamond.
- Glass Test: Lightly wet the table of your diamond and place that end against glass. Real diamonds will adhere to the glass and fakes will fall.
- Read Through Test: Place the diamond table down on a newspaper or book. If you can read the text, then your stone is not likely a diamond.
- Fog Test: Breathe onto the diamond like you are trying to fog up a window. If the fog clears up after one or two seconds, then your diamond is likely a real diamond.
While these tests can be a great starting point, the best way is to have it evaluated by an expert.
Is It Safe To Sell Engagement Rings Online?
Yes, selling your engagement ring online can be an entirely safe process. As long as you work with reputable diamond buyers, you can sell diamond engagement rings with confidence. Look for:
- A transparent selling process
- An established diamond buyer
- No hidden fees
- Free, fully insured shipping
- Excellent online reviews
- An exceptional reputation with the Better Business Bureau
At WP Diamonds, we are proud of our hundreds of fantastic online reviews and A+ rating with the BBB. These illustrate our commitment to excellence. We make the selling process seamless from the moment you fill out our online form to the moment you get paid.
Click the button below to begin selling your diamond engagement ring to WP Diamonds today. As well as pieces of jewelry, we also purchase luxury watches and handbags.