We are all guilty of holding onto things that we no longer use. While you may be neck deep in spring cleaning your closet and makeup bag, have you wondered what to do with jewelry you don’t wear? Whether your...
Sell David Yurman Cable BraceletMay 17, 2019 - Jewelry Articles
Get answers to the following questions:
- History of David Yurman’s Cable bracelet
- What is my David Yurman Cable bracelet worth?
- Where can I sell my David Yurman Cable bracelet?
- How can I sell my David Yurman’s Cable bracelet?
History of David Yurman’s Cable bracelet
The cable motif is undeniably David Yurman’s most celebrated design. Created in 1983, the Cable bracelet is composed of a twisting metal cuff whose ends are adorned with vibrant gemstones, pave diamonds, or a simple metal end cap. As a teenager, David Yurman studied welding under sculptor Ernesto Gonzalez where he learned how to create 3-dimensional forms from molten metal rods. With this rich sculpting background, Yurman was prepared to create wearable works of art. When designing the bracelet, Yurman and his wife, Sybil, were inspired by intertwining forms seen in nature and architecture. Yurman explains that the cable represents strength and harmony. For over 30 years, the cable design has been at the heart of Yurman’s creations as an accent, setting, clasp or carving.
What is my David Yurman Cable bracelet worth?
As you prepare to sell your Cable bracelet, you will want to have an idea of its worth. The value of the bracelet is influenced by several factors:
- Metals: The Cable bracelet is available in a combination of 14k and 18k gold as well as sterling silver.
- Gemstones: David Yurman is known for the rich array of gemstones that adorn their jewelry. Your Cable bracelet may include diamonds, amethyst, citrine, turquoise or malachite among other gemstones. Be sure to know the exact gemstones used and their carat weight.
- Box and papers: These are the original box and papers that came with your Cable bracelet when purchased. This helps prove the authenticity of your piece and is desirable for any collector, which therefore adds value. You can also refer to your jewelry’s official paperwork to learn all of its characteristics, such its metals and gemstones.
- Condition: The condition of your jewelry will influence your offer. If your cable bracelet is in great condition, then your offer will increase. However, if your jewelry is damaged or missing gemstones, its value will be lower as the cost of repairs will need to be factored in.
To get a price quote for your David Yurman Cable bracelet, simply complete our online form.
Where can I sell my David Yurman Cable bracelet?
You will want to work with a company that is reputable and competitive with a simple selling process. Below are the most popular luxury jewelry buyers with their benefits and drawbacks.
Pros: A local option with a fast selling process who might pay you on the spot in cash.
Cons: Usually provides low cash offers.
Pros: Expert gemologists and jewelers on staff who can examine and price your bracelet.
Cons: Typically a long selling process as you need to wait for an auction to be held and your jewelry to be successfully bid on. If your jewelry does not sell, you might need to wait months for the next auction. Even if your Cable bracelet is bought, the auction house will take a percentage of your jewelry’s earnings.
Pros: You can make a private ad on websites like eBay, Facebook and Craigslist. With your own ad you can set your own price and sell directly to buyers.
Cons: Accurately pricing your bracelet is difficult without an in-depth understanding of the secondhand luxury market. It could easily take months for your jewelry to sell, if it even sells at all. When selling privately, you will always need to be cautious of scammers and unscrupulous buyers.
Pros: WP Diamonds is the fastest, safest and easiest way to sell David Yurman Cable bracelets. Thanks to our expert gemologists, international jewelry connections and buying power, we always provide our clients with competitive cash offers. With our free, seamless and professional selling process, you can sell David Yurman Cable bracelets in as little as 24 hours. Our service is backed by an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of fantastic online reviews, so you can always feel confident working with WP Diamonds. And you always have the option of selling online or in person.
Cons: Limited locations for in-person appointments. We host appointments in New York, the UK and Hong Kong, but you can always use our free and secure mailing service to sell online.
How can I sell my David Yurman’s Cable bracelet?
To get started, simply complete our online form with information about your Cable bracelet. A designer jewelry expert will contact you with an initial price quote. To receive a firm buying offer, we provide two free and convenient options:
- Sell In-Person: You can conduct the entire selling process in-person when you schedule an appointment at one of our offices. We provide appointments Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. During your 30-minute appointment, you will meet with one of our luxury jewelry experts who will assess and price your bracelet. You can accept payment by cash, check or wire.
- Sell Online: To sell your Cable bracelet around your own schedule you can sell online and conveniently complete the entire process from the comfort of your home. After getting your quote, we send you a free overnight mailing label which keeps your bracelet secure, fully insured and trackable. When your jewelry arrives at our office, it will be promptly evaluated and priced by our experts. We will contact you with our final offer which you may accept by check or wire. There is never any obligation to sell and you can always request to have your bracelet returned to you for free.
Click the button below to find out how much you can get paid for your David Yurman Cable bracelet.