Coveted, collected, and copied, a year’s top 10 handbags are as much a sign of their times as any hit song or blockbuster movie. For 2020, that means a list evenly divided between timeless classics and ti...
Sell Balenciaga BagsFebruary 7, 2020 - Handbag Articles
Get answers to these questions:
- How much can I get for my Balenciaga bag?
- How do I sell my Balenciaga bag for the most money?
- What Balenciaga bags can I sell?
HOW MUCH CAN I GET FOR MY BALENCIAGA BAG?
Your Balenciaga handbag’s price on the secondary market will depend on a combination of these factors:
- The model: Is your bag one of Balenciaga’s recognizable “It Bags”? What is its number? Find out by checking the inside label next to “Balenciaga.Paris” for a six-digit number, which will be the style number followed by the letter coded to the season of that collection. (Like Hermès, which assigns a letter for each year, Balenciaga assigns a letter for each season.)
- The year: Is it from a recent collection? If so, it may also have a serial number. Is it currently sold out or backordered on the Balenciaga website? If you have a Motorcycle Bag (like a City or a First), is it from an older collection or a more recent collection?
- The condition of the bag: How much has the bag been used? Does it have any scuffs or stains? Older Motorcycle Bags came in crazy colors like Banana Yellow and Light Blue, which tend to show marks more readily. Is the bag’s lining intact and unstained? Does the clasp work? Is all the hardware intact and functional? Scuffs will matter more if you have a structured bag that is otherwise in pristine condition.
- The size: Be prepared with the measurements of your Balenciaga bag. Especially since some models, like the City Bag, come in a wide range of sizes.
- The certificate of authenticity, paperwork, and packaging: Handbag collectors like to be assured of authenticity and provenance, so your bag brings more on the secondary market if it comes with original packaging and paperwork. What to look on a Balenciaga bag: the Controllato card, which signifies that the bag went through a quality control check after its manufacture; the bag information card; the care card; and the tiny sample of the leather (usually in a styrofoam wrapping) that comes with each bag.
- The dustbag: Handbag collectors love to have the dustbag in pristine condition. (However, if your dustbag is, in fact, dusty, don’t wash it—dustbags usually aren’t made to be laundered and some shrink or fade.)
Click the button below to find out how much you can get when you sell Balenciaga bags to WP Diamonds.
HOW DO I SELL MY BALENCIAGA BAG FOR THE MOST MONEY?
- Complete our online form to get a price quote.
- Decide whether you want to sell in person or online.
- Accept our offer and get paid—or have your bag returned free of charge.
We offer two convenient selling methods, either can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish:
- Sell in person: Every weekday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., we provide appointments at our secure and comfortable offices in New York (near Grand Central Station). Appointments are typically 30 minutes long. During that time, you will meet with our handbag expert, who will assess and price your Balenciaga bag and explain how we arrived at our decision. The appointment is free and you are under no obligation to sell.
- Sell online: Complete our online form to receive a price quote and a free, fully insured, trackable, overnight shipping label to send your handbag to our office. When your bag arrives, it will be opened on camera and your client manager will contact you with our final price and the choice of payment by wire or check. If you refuse our offer, we will return your bag to you the next business day for free. Or, if you want to trade in your bag for a new piece, you can opt for store credit at our partner site Gemma and receive an increase of 10 percent to the offer.
Our trusted service has earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of fantastic online reviews. When you sell to WP Diamonds, you can rest assured that you are getting the highest offers—and that you will be paid swiftly and securely. Click the button to find out how much you can make when you sell a Balenciaga bag to WP Diamonds.
WHAT BALENCIAGA BAGS CAN I SELL?
We buy a wide range of Balenciaga bags, including:
- The Bazar Bag: A shopping bag transformed with lambskin and lining, plus a removable shoulder strap.
- The Cabas Bag: A sleek, citified spin on the preppie Boat and Tote, done in calfskin and canvas.
- The Cash Bag: Balenciaga’s sleekest, most streamlined silhouette.
- The Everyday Tote: A dead ringer for the fabric bags that retailers give away when they don’t want to put your purchase in plastic; mostly carried in its mini size.
- The Hello Kitty Bag: Sold out as soon as it was put on the Balenciaga site, this version of the Ville renders fashion’s favorite cartoon character with ear appliqués, a big, red-leather, 3D blow made of cushy-soft nappa lambskin, side lacing to evoke whiskers, and an embossed Balenciaga logo on the front (where Kitty’s mouth would be if she had one).
- The Hourglass Bag: a distinctive curved silhouette, topped by a ladylike flap with big “B” logo hardware suspended from the closure.
- The Papier Bag: The relaxed silhouette of a tote with the attitude (and styling) of a Motorcycle Bag.
- The Triangle Bag: a top-handled, structured bag with an untraditional, subversive shape.
- The Ville Bag: Known for its roomy, bowling bag-inspired silhouette.
About Balenciaga bags
Until 1997, when 25-year-old wunderkind Nicolas Ghesquière took over as head designer, the house of Balenciaga had never been known for handbags. The Paris maison founded by Spaniard Cristóbal Balenciaga in 1937 had revolutionized post-War War II fashion with dramatic silhouettes that were almost architectural in their severity, leaving his competitors and contemporaries, like Coco Chanel and Christian Dior, to make a killing with accessories.
Ghesquière changed all that when he sent a big, oversized bag that’s now known as the Motorcycle down his runways in 2001. His bosses had declined to put it into production, but models like Kate Moss begged to have one. Then followers of fashion begged to have the same bag as the top models. And thus the first Balenciaga “It Bag” was born.
Sloppy, floppy, and friendly, the Motorcycle Bag was soon seen on the arm of everyone from Paris Hilton to the Olsen twins (who were dwarfed by their bags). At its best when it was overstuffed and beaten up, this luxury handbag became a favorite for men who needed a stylish tote and its popularity would spawn all kinds of variations still in style today, such as the Flat Brass Classique and the Courier bags that looked like the love child of the Motorcycle Bag and the Balenciaga totes.
Although Ghesquière left Balenciaga left in 2013, its bags continue to top “It” lists. Current head designer, Demna Gvasalia, is known for producing ladylike bags with his own streetwear spin.