Sell Second-Hand Diamonds & Diamond Jewelry
Looking to sell second-hand diamonds? You will always get fair valuations from WP Diamonds, with our GIA qualified diamond valuation team. As diamond specialists, we purchase a wide range of diamond jewelry and loose diamonds. Sell second-hand diamonds quickly, easily and for the best possible prices to our experts today.
- How to sell second-hand diamonds and diamond jewelry
- About WP Diamonds
- What is my diamond jewelry worth?
- Why such a big difference between retail diamond prices and second-hand diamond prices?
- Sell damaged diamonds
- How to get the best prices for second-hand diamonds
- Contact our diamond experts
How To Sell Second-Hand Diamonds?
Sell your diamonds online or in person at our NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo or UK offices. Follow our simple steps to sell second-hand diamonds and second-hand diamond jewelry:
- Complete our online form
- Receive a price quote from our experts
- Schedule an appointment or use our free, fully insured shipping to send your diamonds in
- Get a final price and get paid
About WP Diamonds: Second-Hand Diamond Buyers
With offices all around the world, WP Diamonds knows the second-hand diamond market. As one of the largest recycled diamond buyers in the US and Europe, we can offer more money for your piece of jewelry, watches or handbags than jewelry stores or pawnbroker.
Established in 2012, WP Diamonds is the modern alternative to pawnbrokers, auctions and consignment. We have since grown to have offices in the US, Europe and Asia and work with. hundreds of customers on a daily basis. We are proud of our A+ Better Business Bureau rating and over 1,000 customer reviews.
Our streamlined service is entirely free or charge and can take as little as 24 hours, from start to finish. That is because we buy your diamonds directly, no middle-man or online listings involved. There are never any fees or commissions involved. Best of all, you have the option of selling for cash or trading in your diamond jewelry for store credit.
Contact our team of GIA trained gemologists to receive your bespoke price quote today.
What Is My Second-Hand Diamond Jewelry Worth?
The simple answer is not what it was bought for: when you sell diamond rings or jewelry, they generally fetch between 20% – 50% (sometimes more with GIA certified diamonds) of the original retail price (unless it was bought a long time ago).
Second-hand diamond prices are calculated by analyzing a variety of factors. The include, but are by no means limited to:
- Carat weight: The weight of the diamond in carats. The larger the carat weight, the more valuable the diamond.
- Color grade: A grade that ranges from D to Z. D is the best diamond color (no yellow or brown detected) and Z being the worst (visible yellow or brown).
- Clarity grade: A diamond grade that ranges from FL (Flawless) to I3 (Visible impurities). The fewer imperfections in a diamond, the rarer and therefore the more valuable it is.
- Cut grade: Only applicable to round diamonds, ranging from Excellent to Poor. This takes into account the brilliance, fire and scintillation. It looks at how well the diamond was cut to best reflect light.
To find out what your diamond jewelry is worth, click the button below.
Why Such A Big Price Difference?
The retail price of diamond jewelry is often more than double the wholesale price in the market. Retailers have large overheads, premises, staff, marketing costs, credit card fees. But do not begrudge them, they have bought from jewelry manufacturers who have to add on their mark-up and profit margin. Sales tax is added to all retailed goods, and can be as high as 10% in the US.
Sell Damaged Diamonds
Diamonds can suffer damage. Yes, diamonds are the hardest natural substance known to man, but they get chipped and abraded, particularly if worn everyday. Certification and guarantees cost money and are not applicable on sale.
How To Sell Second-Hand Diamonds For The Best Prices
We’re a company that takes the grading and appraisal process seriously. Our experts know how to get the most for your second-hand diamonds and diamond jewelry, and the difference in the price market.
If you buy a diamond engagement ring for $2,000, pre sales tax the price a little more than $1800. The wholesale value will be less than $900. If you sell the ring the purchase price is likely to be around $550-$600 following an expert diamond valuation. The diamond may be worth less if there is damage or the original mark-up by the retailer was greater.
The Good News
However, the good news is that by selling to a company which properly grades and values diamonds, you will maximize your ability to recover as much of the original cost as possible. You will always get more from WP Diamonds, with its GIA qualified diamond valuation team, than you will get from a local jeweler or gold buyer who is not able to grade and value the diamonds.
What We Buy
Looking to sell second-hand diamonds? We buy a wide range of pre-owned diamonds, including:
- Loose diamonds (whether or not it has a diamond grading certificate or insurance appraisal)
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America) certified colored diamonds
- Diamond jewelry of 0.5ct or larger
- Designer jewelry such as Tiffany or Cartier
There are some pieces we do not buy, dependent on the type of jewelry you have. We do not buy black diamonds, brown diamonds, lab grown diamonds or diamond below 0.5ct. Unfortunately we can’t accept jewelry with a second-hand purchase price less than $500 because of the costs involved with completing a transaction, such as insurance and delivery. We would be happy to offer on multiple pieces of diamond jewelry which exceed this limit.
Contact Our Experts
With over 150 years of cumulative experience in the diamond industry, our experts specialize in second-hand diamonds, metal assessment, and market assessment. Our simple process ensures that you get the best price for your diamonds or jewelry, quickly and simply. With an A+ BBB rating and hundreds of customer reviews, you can trust us to buy your second-hand diamonds for the best prices.