Is It Safe To Sell Jewelry Online?
Selling high-end jewelry, diamonds or luxury watches online can feel daunting if it is the first time you are doing so. The good news is that, yes, it is safe. As long as you work with the right jewelry buying company.
Looking to sell jewelry online? We understand that this can feel daunting if it is the first time you are doing so. The good news is that, yes, it is safe. As long as you work with the right jewelry buying company.
There are a wide range of options when it comes to selling your fine jewelry. From online diamond buyers, jewelry stores, platforms such as eBay or Craigslist or pawn shops. As with any transaction that takes place online, the key is to do your research and only work with reputable businesses.
So how can you ensure that you sell your jewelry online safely? What precautions can you take? It is safe to sell jewelry on an online auction or online marketplace? We have put together a list of helpful criteria to follow to ensure that you sell to a trustworthy buyer.
Is It Safe To Sell Jewelry Online?
It is absolutely safe to sell your jewelry online, as long as you work with an established and trustworthy buyer. When it comes to selling any luxury items online, there are precautions to take. As such, we will share our top 10 tips for selling jewelry online safely:
- BBB Rated: Any company that you chose to work with should be accredited by the Better Business Bureau. This ensures that you are working with a company that has been deemed reputable and trustworthy. Companies must adhere to the Better Business Bureau’s strict Code of Business Practices in order to receive accreditation.
- Check Customer Reviews: It is always a good idea to read a variety of customer reviews. Negative reviews or a lack of reviews should always be a red flag. Customer service is important, so be sure to check what previous customers say about their experience.
- No Fees: You should not be charged for inquiring to sell your diamonds, jewelry or watch. To receive a final price you will need to send your items in or schedule an appointment for an expert. Look to work with a company that provides free shipping and insurance. Both to the company to receive a price and also to return the item should you not accept their offer.
- Provides a Free Initial Valuation: You will want to receive a price quote before you send your items in. It is important to have an idea of price before committing to sending them your jewelry.
- Provides Free Insurance: Always check that your jewelry will be insured for an appropriate amount. This should be agreed on before you mail your items in.
- Fast Service: Selling your diamonds, jewelry and watches online should only take a matter of days. You will want to ascertain how long the process typically takes before working with any particular company.
- Secure: Shipping luxury items requires working with a trustworthy carrier such as FedEx. Your items should be opened on camera for your protection.
- Appointments Available: Any reputable buyer will also be able to offer appointments in a variety of locations.
- Diamond & Watch Experts: Diamonds, designer jewelry and high-end watches are complex to price. Therefore working with GIA trained gemologists and luxury timepiece experts is important when it comes to selling. This will ensure that you receive a fair price based on the current secondhand market for your pieces.
- History: Check when the company was established and how long they have been in business.
The bottom line is that it is completely safe to sell jewelry online. As long as you work with a reputable and trustworthy buyer. Whether you are selling a diamond ring, a vintage jewelry or a Rolex, always check the credentials of the buyer.
Do you have other questions about selling jewelry online? Please email email@example.com and we will be glad to help you.
Why Sell To WP Diamonds?
WP Diamonds is the leading online buyer of diamonds, jewelry and luxury watches. So why is it safe to sell your jewelry online to WP Diamonds?
- Unparalleled Customer Service: We are proud or our A+ rating from the BBB and excellent customer reviews. We believe in offering a secure service that is entirely free of charge.
- Sell Jewelry Online: While we do offer in person appointments, we work with customers throughout the world. As such it is important that we offer a convenient way to sell online. We provide free and fully insured shipment with FedEx Priority Overnight shipping. Send your items to our headquarters where your goods are opened on camera.
- International Buyers: Established in 2012 in NYC, we have grown to have offices around the world. This includes the US, Europe and Asia. So, no matter your country or timezone, our team are on hand to help answer any of your selling questions.
- Speed: Our entire process can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish. We buy your jewelry directly, there are no online listings or middlemen involved.
- Sell In Person: We also offer in person appointments in New York, Hong Kong, London (UK) and Birmingham (UK). Here you can meet with our GIA trained gemologists and luxury watch experts. Appointments are held in our modern and professional offices.
- Strong Prices: As established online jewelry buyers in the industry, we are able to offer higher prices than local buyers. Our wide network of contacts and global purchasing power translates into strong prices for our customers. Additionally, there are no commissions or costs deducted from our final offer.
- Honest Price Quotes: We provide an honest and trustworthy service. We do not believe in providing inflated price quotes and then lowballing our customers. As such, we provide honest price quotes based on the information provided.
- Designed To Be Different: There are many online jewelry buyers available. However, WP Diamonds was designed to be different. We wanted to provide a streamlined, modern alternative to many of the traditional options on the market. Unlike online marketplaces, such as eBay or Craigslist, we buy your jewelry directly. Unlike pawnbrokers or other retail options, we wanted the experience of selling to be a high-end and enjoyable one. Ultimately, our service was designed with you in mind.
Get your free price quote today by filling out our online form and our experts will be in touch shortly. Complete the online form with as much information as possible. The most reliable information on your jewelry will come from diamond certificates from reputable diamond grading labs (such as the GIA). You can also find useful information on a jewelry appraisal.
What Type Of Jewelry Can You Sell Online?
At WP Diamonds, we buy a wide range of luxury goods. This includes:
- Designer jewelry
- Diamond jewelry
- Engagement rings
- Loose diamonds of 0.5ct+
- GIA certified fancy colored diamonds of 0.3ct+
- Vintage jewelry
- Estate jewelry
- Luxury watches
- Luxury handbags
However, it is important to note that we do not buy:
- Rough diamonds
- Black diamonds
- Brown diamonds
- Cubic Zirconia
- Lab grown diamonds
- Diamonds under 0.5ct
When pricing your luxury jewelry, we take every aspect of your jewelry into account. This includes any precious metals as well as any added value should it be a designer piece. This includes pieces of jewelry from luxury brands such as:
- Van Cleef & Arpels
- David Yurman
- Harry Winston
- Graff and much more
Simply click the button below to receive your price quote. For designer jewelry, having the original box and papers will add value, however you can still sell without. For diamond jewelry, it is helpful to find any original paperwork as this contains key information on your stone. A GIA certificate or jewelers appraisal for example can provide a lot of insight.