When looking to sell a ring, you will likely have some questions. Top of mind is of course “how much is my ring worth?” and “how do I find out how much my ring is worth?”. Whether you purchased it your...
Is it safe to sell jewelry online?June 27, 2017 - Jewelry Articles
Looking to sell jewelry online? We understand that this can feel daunting if it is the first time you are doing so. The good news is that, yes, it is safe. As long as you work with the right jewelry buying company. There are a wide range of options when it comes to selling your jewelry, from online diamond buyers, platforms such as eBay or Craigslist or pawnbrokers. As with any transaction that takes place online, the key is to do your research and only work with reputable businesses.
So how can you ensure that you sell your jewelry online safely? What precautions can you take? We have put together a list of helpful criteria to follow to ensure that you sell to a trustworthy buyer.
- How to sell jewelry online safely
- Why sell jewelry to WP Diamonds
- What type of jewelry you can sell online
How to sell jewelry online safely
- BBB Rated – Any company that you chose to work with should be accredited by the Better Business Bureau. This ensures that you are working with a company that has been deemed reputable and trustworthy. Companies must adhere to the Better Business Bureau’s strict Code of Business Practices in order to receive accreditation.
- Check Customer Reviews – Always make sure to read a variety of reviews by customers that have already sold to the company. Negative reviews or a lack of reviews should always be a red flag.
- No Fees – You should not be charged for inquiring to sell your diamonds, jewelry or watch. To receive a final price you will need to send your items in or schedule an appointment for an expert to examine and price it. Look to work with a company that provides free shipping and insurance (both to the company to receive a price and also to return the item should you not accept their offer).
- Provides a Free Initial Valuation – You will want to receive a price quote before you send your items in. It is important to have an idea of price before committing to sending them your jewelry.
- Provides Free Insurance – Always check that your jewelry will be insured for an appropriate amount. This should be agreed on before you mail your items in.
- Fast Service – Selling your diamonds, jewelry and watches online should only take a matter of days. You will want to ascertain how long the process typically takes before working with any particular company.
- Secure – Shipping luxury items requires working with a trustworthy carrier such as FedEx. Your items should be opened on camera for your protection.
- Appointments Available – Any reputable buyer will also be able to offer appointments in a variety of locations.
- Diamond & Watch Experts – Diamonds, designer jewelry and high-end watches are complex to price, so working with GIA trained gemologists and luxury timepiece experts is important when it comes to selling. This will ensure that you receive a fair price based on the current secondhand market for your pieces.
The bottom line is that it is completely safe to sell jewelry online as long as you work with a reputable and trustworthy buyer. Whether you are selling an engagement ring, a Tiffany necklace, diamond earrings, or a Rolex; always check the credentials of the buyer.
Do you have other questions about selling jewelry online? Please email email@example.com and we will be glad to help you.
Why sell jewelry to WP Diamonds?
WP Diamonds is the leading online buyer of diamonds, jewelry and luxury watches. So why is it safe to sell your jewelry online to WP Diamonds?
- With an A+ rating from the BBB and excellent customer reviews, we take pride in offering a secure service that is entirely free of charge.
- We provide free and fully insured shipment with FedEx Priority Overnight shipment of your items to our headquarters where your goods are opened on camera.
- Our process can take as little as 24 hours from completing the online form to receiving the money in your account.
- We also offer in person appointments in New York, Hong Kong, London (UK) and Birmingham (UK). Here you can meet with our GIA trained gemologists and luxury watch experts in a modern and professional office for a final price.
Get your free price quote today by filling out our online form and our experts will be in touch shortly.
What type of jewelry can you sell online?
At WP Diamonds, we specialize in buying diamond jewelry, designer jewelry and engagement rings. This includes brands such as: Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, David Yurman, Bulgari, Chanel, Dior, Harry Winston, Kays, Jareds, Graff and much more.
Simply click the button below to receive your price quote. For designer jewelry, having the original box and papers will add value, however you can still sell without. For diamond jewelry, it is helpful to find any original paperwork as this contains key information on your stone. A GIA certificate or jewelers appraisal for example can provide a lot of insight.