Looking to sell your Van Cleef Fauna jewelry for the best price? Whether you have fallen out of love with the collection or are making room in your jewelry box for something new, you will likely be looking for...
How to Spot Replica Van Cleef & Arpels JewelryAugust 20, 2019 - Jewelry Articles
Get the answers to the following questions:
- How to spot replica Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry?
- How to buy authentic Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry?
- How to sell Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry?
How to spot replica Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
As one of the premier luxury brands, Van Cleef & Arpels holds itself to an incredibly high standard. All of their jewelry is expertly constructed with the finest materials. Due to Van Cleef & Arpels commitment to creating jewelry that is exceptional in all aspects, the slightest imperfection can mean that you are looking at a fake. While the best way to determine the authenticity of a piece is to bring it to luxury jewelry experts, there are plenty of red flags to look out for that will give you an indication.
Below are our tips for spotting replica Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry:
- It is truly not an overstatement to say that every aspect of your Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry should be perfect. From the jewelry’s prongs, clasps and gemstones, no component is overlooked.
- Authentic Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry is made with platinum or 18k gold, while fakes may be made with lower gold purity.
- Replica jewelry will feel lighter than their authentic counterparts if they are made with low quality materials.
- Genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry will have sturdy clasps that open and close easily.
- Real Van Cleef & Arpels “Mystery Set” jewelry should have all gemstones flawlessly set with no visible prongs or loose stones. As this technique can only be done by master jewelers fakes will not be able to match this level of craftsmanship.
- Van Cleef & Arpels uses high-quality, eye-clean diamonds and gemstones such as pearls, malachite and agate.
- All genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry feature gemstones perfectly matched for color and size.
- Authentic jewelry will have its gemstones set flush against its setting with no visible gaps.
- All modern Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is stamped with the Maison’s hallmark, a unique serial number and the jewelry’s metal type.
- The stamping should be clean, legible and free of misspellings.
- The brand name will either be stamped as “Van Cleef & Arpels” or “VCA.” Fakes are commonly only stamped with “Van Cleef.”
- All Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry have their own serial number which can be cross-referenced with the Maison’s records.
- Finally, the jewelry will be stamped with its respective metal type: Au 750 for 18k gold or PT 950 for platinum.
How to buy authentic Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
Now that you know how to spot replica Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, you are ready to confidently shop for your own Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry. To ensure that you always buy genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, shopping at reputable luxury jewelry stores is key. WP Diamond’s partner Gemma By WP Diamonds is your one-stop-shop for authentic, pre-owned luxury jewelry from all of your favorite brands. Gemma By WP Diamonds is committed to making shopping for pre-owned luxury jewelry safe, enjoyable and affordable with fantastic discounts and affordable monthly payment options.
And with WP Diamonds’ upgrade program, your next piece of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is even more affordable. Sell your unwanted designer jewelry, diamonds or luxury watches and choose to receive payment in cash or in Gemma By WP Diamonds store credit for an extra 10%.
How to sell Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
To sell Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry for the most money, WP Diamonds is your one stop shop. Founded in 2012 by industry veterans, WP Diamonds was created to make selling designer jewelry, diamonds and luxury watches a safe, simple and fast process for everyone. Recognizing that the traditional selling experience (pawnbrokers, consignment, auction houses etc) is often a tedious, drawn-out process with little transparency, we have transformed the process of selling into a quick, discreet, high-end and enjoyable experience. With our global connections and team of luxury jewelry experts, we always provide our clients with honest and competitive offers.
We have streamlined the selling process so that it can take as little as 24 hours from inquiry to receiving the money in your account. Even better, we never take any fees or commissions from your final offer. Whether you prefer to sell your jewelry online or in person, we have a free, secure and discreet selling options to accommodate you. Our A+ rating with the BBB and hundreds of fantastic reviews are a testament to our commitment to excellence.
Start the selling process today by completing our simple online form. You will then be contacted by your dedicated client manager with a price quote. Getting your final offer is just as easy: either schedule an appointment at one of our offices in New York, the UK or Hong Kong OR mail in your jewelry. The safety of your jewelry is of our utmost concern, we provide you with a free, fully insured, trackable and overnight label to send your jewelry to our office. You will be notified once it arrives the following business day and your jewelry will be opened on camera for your protection. Your client manager will then contact you with our final offer which you can accept by wire or check. There is no obligation to sell and you can always request to have it returned to you for free.
Ready to see how much you can get paid for your Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry? Click the button below to start selling with WP Diamonds.