Looking to sell your Van Cleef Fauna jewelry for the best price? Whether you have fallen out of love with the collection or are making room in your jewelry box for something new, you will likely be looking for...
How to Spot Fake Van Cleef & Arpels JewelryAugust 20, 2019 - Jewelry Articles
Born between husband and wife duo Alfred Van Cleef and Estelle Arpels, Van Cleef & Arpels has long been celebrated for their fanciful and masterfully crafted jewelry. Especially the iconic Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra collection.
Get the answers to the following questions:
- How to spot fake Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
- How to buy authentic Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
- How to sell Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
How to spot fake Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry
As one of the premier luxury jewelry brands, Van Cleef & Arpels holds itself to an incredibly high standard. All of their jewelry is expertly constructed with the finest materials and the slightest imperfection can indicate a fake.
While the best way to determine the authenticity of a piece is to bring it to luxury jewelry experts, there are plenty of red flags to look out for that will give you an indication.
Tips for spotting fake Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry:
- Sturdy clasps that open and close easily
- Van Cleef & Arpels “Mystery Set” jewelry should have all gemstones flawlessly set with no visible prongs or loose stones
- Real Van Cleef jewelry is made with platinum or 18k gold, while fakes may be made with lower gold purity
- Fake Van Cleef jewelry will feel lighter than their authentic counterparts if they are made with low quality materials
- High-quality, eye-clean diamonds and gemstones such as pearls, malachite and agate
- All gemstones will be perfectly matched for color and size
- The gemstones will be set flush against its setting with no visible gaps
- All modern Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is stamped with the Maison’s hallmark, a unique serial number and the jewelry’s metal type
- The stamping should be clean, legible and free of misspellings
- The brand name will either be stamped ‘Van Cleef & Arpels’ or ‘VCA’, but not as ‘Van Cleef’
- Each piece will have its own serial number which can be cross-referenced with the Maison’s records
- The jewelry will be stamped with its respective metal type: Au 750 for 18k gold or PT 950 for platinum
How to buy real Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry at the best price?
Now that you know how to spot fake Van Cleef jewelry, you may be wondering how to buy real Van Cleef jewelry at the best price. To ensure that you always buy genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, shopping at reputable luxury jewelry stores is key.
WP Diamond’s partner Gemma by WP Diamonds is your one-stop-shop for authentic, pre-owned luxury jewelry from all of your favorite brands. Gemma by WP Diamonds is committed to making shopping for pre-owned luxury jewelry safe, enjoyable and affordable with fantastic discounts and affordable monthly payment options.
How to sell Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry?
- Start the selling process: Complete our simple online form
- Price quote: You will then be contacted by your dedicated client manager with a price quote
- Getting your final offer is just as easy: Schedule an appointment at one of our offices in New York, the UK, Tokyo or Hong Kong OR send in your jewelry
- Get paid: Or your items are returned free of charge
Shipping: The safety of your fine jewelry is of our utmost concern, we provide you with a free, fully insured, trackable and overnight shipping label. You will be notified once your jewelry arrives the following business day where it will be opened on camera for your protection.
About WP Diamonds
Founded in 2012 by industry veterans, WP Diamonds was created to make selling luxury jewelry, watches and handbags a safe, simple and fast process for everyone.
Recognizing that the traditional selling experience (pawnbrokers, consignment, auction houses etc) is often a tedious, drawn-out process with little transparency, we have transformed the process of selling into a quick, discreet, high-end and enjoyable experience.
We have streamlined the selling process so that it can take as little as 24 hours from beginning to end. Even better, we never take any fees or commissions from your final offer. Our A+ rating with the BBB and over 1,000+ fantastic reviews are a testament to our commitment to excellence.