Since its inception, Cartier has captivated designer jewelry lovers with their masterfully crafted, iconic creations. As one of the most coveted luxury jewelry brands, there are unfortunately countless counterf...
How to Sell Engagement Rings in CanadaJuly 22, 2019 - Diamond Articles
Get the answers to the following questions:
- How to get a price for your engagement ring
- Is it safe to sell engagement rings online?
- Where to sell engagement rings in Canada
- How to sell engagement rings in Canada
How to get a price for your engagement ring
Getting a price quote for you engagement ring is actually very easy. The majority of your engagement ring’s value comes from its center diamond. Simply provide the following information to receive your price range:
- Color grade of the largest diamond: Details the amount of color that your diamond displays on a scale of D (colorless) to Z (a light yellow). Keep in mind that this letter grade only applies to white diamonds, while colored diamonds, such as fancy blue diamonds, are graded from Fancy Light to Fancy Vivid depending on color intensity.
- Cut grade of the largest diamond: Describes how well cut and proportionate your diamond is, graded on a scale of Excellent to Poor. Cut grade only applies to round diamonds while fancy cut diamonds, such as hearts and pears, do not have official cut grades.
- Clarity grade of the largest diamond: Denotes the amount of internal and external flaws present in a diamond, known as inclusions and blemishes respectively. Examples of these imperfections are black spots and feathers in the diamond. Clarity is graded from FL ( flawless) to I3 (visibly flawed).
- Carat weight of the largest stone: Indicates how much your diamond weighs, commonly abbreviated to ct. Indicate the carat weight of your ring’s center diamond as well as any additional side stones or pave diamonds.
- Metal type: The most popular being 18k yellow, rose and white gold as well as platinum. The metals used and their purity contribute to your ring’s value.
- Brand: Engagement rings from luxury brands, such as Tiffany & Co., Graff and Harry Winston, better retain their value on the second-hand market compared to non-luxury brands. Selling a luxury branded engagement ring with its box and papers will help increase its overall value.
- Certification: Is your diamond certified? Common diamond grading certificates include: GIA, AGS, EGL and IGI.
Where to find this information? Refer to any paperwork you received with the ring, or consult a local jeweller to receive a rough idea of the above characteristics.
Is it safe to sell engagement rings online?
When you are considering selling a high value item online, such as an engagement ring, it is only natural to be concerned about your ring’s safety. As long as you work with a reputable and specialist diamond buyer, selling engagement rings online in Canada is entirely safe.
Be sure to work with a diamond buyer that meets the following criteria:
- Any US based company should have an A+ BBB rating
- Verified customer reviews
- Free service
- Fully insured shipping
Where to sell engagement rings in Canada
When it comes to finding an engagement ring buyer in Canada with a fast, free and entirely secure selling process, WP Diamonds can’t be beat. Since 2012, we have provided a safe and seamless solution for selling engagement rings online. We work with hundreds of customers on a daily basis from around the world, including all of Canada.
Whether you are selling an engagement ring in Montreal, Calgary or Ottawa, our team of expert gemologists always work to give you an honest and competitive offer. Best of all, our process is so fast that you can sell and receive full payment in as little as 24-72 hours. We pride ourselves on offering a professional and trustworthy selling process, that to date has earned us an A+ BBB rating and hundreds of fantastic online reviews from satisfied customers. We buy designer jewelry, GIA certified diamonds and diamond jewelry as well as luxury watches.
How to sell engagement rings in Canada
- Begin selling your engagement ring with WP Diamonds today by completing our online form
- If you agree with this quote, we will provide you with a FedEx International Priority Overnight shipping label and shipping instructions. Your ring will be fully insured and trackable as it travels to our office.
- We will notify you once we receive your package where it will be opened on camera for your protection. We will be in touch shortly after with a final offer.
- You can accept our offer by wire or request to have your engagement ring returned to you for free.
Selling engagement rings in Canada has never been easier than with WP Diamonds. Click the button below to see just how much you can get paid today.