How To Clean White Sneakers
Keeping your sneakers looking squeaky clean can be difficult, especially if you go for an all-white look. Learn tips and tricks to making sure your sneakers look (almost) good as new.
There are different ways to clean your favorite sneakers and it will depend on the fabric, how often they get cleaned and the amount of time on your hands. Read on for our top tips on how to clean white sneakers.
- Can I Put Sneakers In The Washing Machine?
- How To Clean Canvas Sneakers
- How To Clean Leather Sneakers
- How To Dry Sneakers
- How To Look After Your Shoes
Can I Put Sneakers In The Washing Machine?
More often than not, your average pair of sneakers will survive a cycle in the washing machine. However, if the sneakers have leather or suede panels, they might sustain water damage in the process. If you’re thinking of this easy option, bear in mind the composition of your shoe – some sneakers are made from shrinkable fabric such as wool. If in doubt, check the brand’s cleaning advice or wash by hand.
Tip: Remove your laces and wash them separately.
How To Clean Canvas Sneakers?
- Wipe off any easy-to-remove mud or loose dirt.
- Rinse the sneakers with warm water and start scrubbing with a small brush (a toothbrush is perfect for this) and a small amount of mild detergent.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Scrub the shoe liner with a paste made from baking soda and water.
- If your sneakers still aren’t looking white, create a solution with one part water, five parts bleach and start the cleaning process again.
- Allow your shoes to dry for 20 mins and then stuff with paper to allow for a quicker drying process.
How To Clean Leather Sneakers?
- Create a thick paste with one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of warm water.
- Use a toothbrush or a cloth to apply the paste onto the sneakers and gently scrub using circular motions.
- With an unused damp cloth, wipe off the excess and allow the shoes to dry.
How To Dry Sneakers?
- Start the drying process in a warm room.
- Remove the insoles of your sneakers and place them on a drying rack along with the laces.
- Fill the shoes with crumpled up newspaper and replace periodically.
- Wrap the sneakers in a blanket.
- Leave overnight.
How To Look After Your Shoes
One of the best ways to make sure your white sneakers are kept fresh is by spot cleaning them when needed. It is also a good idea to protect them with a shoe cleaning spray, either made specifically for fabric sneakers or leather and suede.
Where To Buy Sneakers Online
Shop hard to find and collectible sneakers at myGemma. From Dior to Nike to Adidas, browse an ever changing selection of designer sneakers.
How To Sell Sneakers Online
Looking to sell sneakers? WP Diamonds is a leading sneaker buyer, we buy your designer and collectible sneakers in as little as 24 hours. Our process is free of charge, no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer.
Sell or trade in your sneakers to our luxury experts by simply clicking the button below to get your price quote.