Deciding what to keep and what to clear out of your life post-divorce can be an incredibly daunting task. Jewelry tends to carry significant emotional weight and can be difficult to part. However, doing so can...
How To Clean Gold JewelryDecember 9, 2020 - Jewelry Articles
- What to use to clean gold jewelry
- How to clean gold jewelry
- How to clean gold jewelry with precious stones
- Sell diamond or designer gold jewelry
What to use to clean gold jewelry?
- A cleaning solution made up of lukewarm water, not hot water, and dish soap. See other options below
- Soft brush or soft bristled toothbrush
- Polishing cloth or soft cloth, such as the brand Blitz
Real gold jewelry can safely be cleaned with a variety of household products such as:
- Mild dish soap mixed with water
- White vinegar
- Baking Soda & water
- Seltzer water
How to clean gold jewelry?
- Soak the gold jewelry in a cleaning solution made up of lukewarm water and dish soap for about 10-15 minutes
- Gently scrub with a soft toothbrush and rinse under cold water
- Dry with a soft lint-free cloth then allow to air dry
- Seltzer water can be used in place of warm water because the bubbles help to lift off the dirt.
- Use plain toothpaste to get off tarnish if needed, not the gel, just plain paste.
How to clean gold jewelry with precious stones?
- Diamonds, sapphires or rubies: If the gold has diamonds, sapphires or rubies set in it, it is also safe to use the above.
- Emeralds, opals or turquoise: Do not use anything except mild dish soap and water on jewelry set with emeralds, opals or turquoise etc because they are porous and can get ruined easily.
- Pearls: Pearls are even more delicate and should only be cleaned very gently with a make-up brush dipped in a little warm water mixed with a little gentle shampoo.
How to sell gold jewelry
At WP Diamonds, we specialize in buying diamond gold jewelry (with at least one diamond of 0.5ct or larger) and designer gold jewelry (Tiffany, Cartier, David Yurman etc). Our fast, free and secure process can take as little as 24 hours from beginning to end. We buy your luxury jewelry directly, with no middle-man, no online listings, no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer.
Established in 2012, WP Diamonds is a leading buyer of luxury goods: diamond jewelry, designer jewelry, luxury watches and handbags. With an A+ BBB rating and over one thousand customer reviews, we pride ourselves on offering a trustworthy and transparent service.
How it works:
- Click the button below with information on your diamond or designer jewelry, and one of our experts will be in touch with a price quote.
- Request free shipping and insurance to send your items to us, or schedule an appointment in NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo or the UK.
- Get a final price and get paid, or refuse our offer and your jewelry is returned free of charge.