Luxury Watch Father’s Day Gift Guide 2022
With Father’s Day fast approaching, it’s not too late to buy the dad in your life a spectacular gift. Wondering what to get your father or father figure in your life? Our ultimate Luxury Father’s Day Gift Guide has you covered. Read below for 10 luxury watches that any father is sure to enjoy.
If you’re looking for a great gift that will stand the test of time, think beyond golf balls, hot sauces and whiskey lover kits. Treat you dad to a luxury watch: a spectacular and unique father’s day gift.
Luxury Watch Father’s Day Gift Guide:
- For the Classic Dad: Rolex Submariner
- For the Adventurer: Breitling Chronomat GMT
- For the Dad Who Likes to Dress Up: Patek Philippe Calatrava
- For the Budding Watch Collector: Omega Speedmaster
- For the Water Lover: Breitling Superocean Chronograph M2000
- For the Dad Who Has Everything: Vacheron Constantin Tribute to Great Explorers
- For the Modern Dad: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
- For the Budget-Conscious Dad: Tag Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date
- For the Vintage Enthusiast: Cartier Santos Dumont
- For the Aspiring Astronomer: A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Perpetual Calendar Terraluna
1. For the Classic Dad: Rolex Submariner
Coming in at number 1 on our Luxury Watch Father’s Day Gift Guide is the Rolex Submariner. One of the most famous men’s watches in the world, the iconic Rolex Submariner dates back to 1953. Originally designed for underwater exploration and diving, the watch gained legendary status when it appeared on the wrist of James Bond. The Submariner was featured in movies such as Dr. No, Goldfinger, and From Russia With Love.
2. For the Adventurer: Breitling Chronomat GMT
Price: starting around $4,350
For the fathers with an active lifestyle, the Breitling Chronomat GMT is a practical, sturdy choice. This watch offers :
- dual time zones
- water resistance up to 500m
- glow-in-the-dark hands to keep up with an on-the-go pace
3. For the Dad Who Likes to Dress Up: Patek Philippe Calatrava
Price: starting around $7,400
Known as the definitive dress watch, Patek Philippe’s signature Calatrava utilizes a simple and sleek design. Add elegance to any occasion with this timeless piece. Pre-owned men’s or unisex Patek Philippe Calatrava can cost under $10,000.
4. For the Budding Watch Collector: Omega Speedmaster
Price: starting around $1,750 (steel models)
One of the best entry level luxury watches is the Omega Speedmaster. First made in 1957, the Speedmaster gained fame after it was worn during the first moon landing in 1969. Nowadays, the Speedmaster is still the only watch authorized to be worn by NASA astronauts in space. Given the lasting value and popularity of this timepiece, it is the perfect start to a luxury watch collection.
5. For the Water Lover: Breitling Superocean Chronograph M2000
Price: around $1,950
The Breitling Superocean Chronograph is can function at depths of up to 1,500 meters underwater. This sturdy watch is perfect for divers or any dads that spend their time in the water. Whether your dad loves the pool or the ocean, this watch can accompany him on his nautical adventures.
6. For the Dad Who Has Everything: Vacheron Constantin Tribute to Great Explorers
Price: around $100,000
Are you struggling to find a unique gift for the dad who owns everything? Look no further than the Vacheron Constantin Tribute to Great Explorers.
This limited edition watch collection is meant to honor the most famous explorers in history. It showcases maps of the areas these explorers journeyed on the face of the watch. If your budget allows, this impressive looking watch may be the perfect gift for a lucky dad.
7. For the Modern Dad: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
The Royal Oak is a luxury steel sport watch with an octagonal bezel case and integrated bracelet. The watch has been defying convention since its debut in 1972 and has since become a modern classic.
8. For the Budget-Conscious Dad: Tag Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date
Price: starting around $650
This driving inspired watch was first released in 1986. Sold at a reasonable price point, this casual watch won’t break the bank.
9. For the Vintage Enthusiast: Cartier Santos Dumont
Price: starting around $2,550+
Widely known as the first wristwatch in the world, Cartier created this timepiece in 1904 for the aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont. The art deco-esque design and illustrious history of this watch make it a great fit for any vintage lover.
10. For the Aspiring Astronomer: A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Perpetual Calendar Terraluna
Price: around $215,000
This watch is a beautiful display of design and technology. It boasts a 14-day power reserve, perpetual calendar and a magnificent orbital moonphase display. The orbital moonphase display depicts:
- current moon phase
- the positions of the sun and the moon
- the day and night halves of the hemisphere
Looking To Sell Or Trade In Your Luxury Watch?
If our top 10 Father’s Day gift ideas has you inspired, you may be looking for extra cash. Why not sell your existing timepieces for cash or store credit? At WP Diamonds, we provide a free, secure service for selling luxury watches, jewelry, sneakers or handbags.
About WP Diamonds
WP Diamonds was established in 2012, to provide a safe and trustworthy service for selling your luxury goods. A modern and professional alternative to pawnbrokers, auction houses and consignment services, our service is designed with our customers in mind.
- Trustworthy: WP Diamonds is an A+ BBB rated luxury buyer with over 1,000 customer reviews.
- Convenience: We offer the option to sell online or in person. Enjoy free shipping and insurance to send your items in. Appointments are available in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and in the UK.
- Speed: We buy your luxury pieces directly and in as little as 24 hours.
- Free: There are no fees or commissions deducted from your final offer. We pride ourselves on providing strong and transparent prices, with no hidden costs.
- To Get Started: Simply fill out the online form and one of our in-house experts will be in touch with your price quote. You get up to 10% more on your offer if you opt for payment in the form of store credit.