What to Do With An Engagement Ring After A Breakup
After a divorce, the engagement ring still retains significant meaning and value to the parties involved. Many people who have just gone through a divorce are left wondering: what to do with an engagement ring after a breakup?
Get answers to the following questions:
- What to do with an engagement ring after a breakup
- Should you sell your engagement ring
- How much is my engagement ring worth
- Where to sell my engagement ring
- Where to sell my wedding ring after divorce
- How to sell my engagement ring
What To Do With An Engagement Ring After A Breakup?
There are a few options available to consider when it comes to the engagement ring after a breakup.
1. Keep The Ring
Everyone feels differently after a divorce. It may be that the last thing you want to do is part with your engagement ring. If they do not feel negatively about their divorce, some people choose to save their engagement rings to pass on to their children or grandchildren. There is no right or wrong, it is simply a personal decision.
2. Turn The Ring Into Another Piece Of Jewelry
Turn the ring into a new piece of jewelry to symbolize a new start in your life. You have the option of keeping the band and upgrading the stone or upgrading the entire piece. Maybe the engagement ring was never your style or you simply don’t want the reminder.
3. Return The Engagement Ring
Another option that some women choose is to return their engagement ring back to their ex. If an engagement is called off, the fiancé may have a legal right to the possession of the ring. However, in some cases the person who calls off the wedding chooses to let the other person keep the ring. In the case of divorce, if the ring is a family heirloom of your ex-husband’s, then you may consider returning it to his family.
The law varies by state as to who gets to keep the ring, and whether the diamond ring is considered a conditional gift or an unconditional gift. But some people find that returning the ring helps move past the situation.
4. Sell Your Engagement Ring
One of the most popular options is to sell your engagement ring. If you’re ready to move on, your ring can get you cash that you can use on a vacation, put towards a new house, spend on legal bills, or even save for your children. It can be cathartic to get rid of a reminder of the past instead of letting it collect dust in the back of your closet. Selling the ring is a great way to move on both financially and emotionally from the past.
Should You Sell Your Engagement Ring?
If you are wondering “what to do with an engagement ring after a breakup” or “is it ok to sell my engagement ring”, then the answer is yes. It is ok and it is common practice. Once the relationship is over, there is no need to feel guilt about selling the ring or any other items that belong to you and remind you of your divorce. Divorce instigates a lot of change and part of that is letting the past go.
Rather than leave the ring out of sight in a drawer to gather dust, why not tackle this last physical reminder of the marriage? Sell it and use the money on something that you will benefit from. Some people find that selling their engagement ring can help them heal and start over again after divorce.
The bottom line is that you should only ever do something that you feel comfortable with. But if you feel ready to let go of the ring, it can be a cathartic move that helps you put the past behind you and your future in front of you.
How Much Is My Engagement Ring Worth?
Whether you are still making a decision or have decided that you are ready to part with your engagement ring and would like to receive cash for it, you may be wondering: how much is my engagement ring worth?
There are a few factors that will ultimately determine the value of your engagement ring. These factors are:
|Brand||If your ring is from a notable brand or luxury brand, it may have more value.|
|Condition||The better the condition of your ring, the more it is worth.|
|Quality of Diamonds||Engagement rings typically have a central diamond that can be analyzed based on the “Four C’s” – clarity, cut, carat, and color. A diamond expert can assess the value of your diamond based on these characteristics.|
|Market Conditions||If your style of ring is in high demand in the marketplace at the time of sale, it will be worth more.|
Where To Sell My Engagement Ring?
The fastest and simplest way to sell an engagement ring after divorce or a broken engagement is to a specialized online diamond buyer.
At WP Diamonds our process is:
- Free: The entire process is free of charge, there are no fees or commissions deducted from your price range.
- Fast: Selling can take as little as 24 hours. We buy your engagement ring directly.
- Professional: Many of our customers are divorced or divorcing, so we understand your decision to sell the engagement ring. We provide a discreet and high-end selling service.
- Reputable: We pride ourselves on our A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and offering a safe and seamless service. Don’t just take our word for it, read our hundreds of amazing customer reviews.
- Expert: Our GIA trained gemologists are industry experts.
- Convenient: Sell online or in person, whatever is most convenient for you. We provide free shipping and insurance of your ring.
- International: We work with customers around the world on a daily basis.
Where To Sell My Wedding Ring After Divorce?
If you are looking to sell both your engagement ring and wedding rings, WP Diamonds can make you a competitive offer for both pieces. We price your engagement ring and factor in the metal (and, if applicable, any other gemstones) of your wedding ring. Contact us today to find out how much you could receive for your wedding ring set. Fill out our online form or call 646 758 0270.
How To Sell My Engagement Ring?
- Fill out the online form
- Receive your initial valuation
- Make an appointment or send in your item by mail (we offer free, fully insured FedEx Priority Overnight shipping labels)
- Receive your final price and get paid
Whether you are divorced or still in the process of getting a divorce, when and what you decide what to do with the engagement ring is entirely up to you. It is important to make a decision that you are comfortable with. Whether you are looking to sell or simply inquiring to find out much your ring is worth and then make a decision once you have a price, WP Diamonds is here to help.