Specialist Diamond Buyers
At WP Diamonds we have designed our buying service to be extremely fast, secure and accurate. Headquartered in New York City with operations across Europe and Asia, WP Diamonds is one of the largest diamond buyers in the U.S and the world. We are proud to be BBB A+ Rated and members of the esteemed American Gem Society. Release finances from your diamonds and get money in 24 hours. We look forward to being of service.Get Your Offer
Our experts have bought and sold diamonds worldwide.
WP Diamonds - Diamond Buyers
We buy all diamonds from the best D color, internally flawless stones to the O+ colored broken diamonds in poor condition that are 0.5 ct or over. Our team is uniquely placed to handle your inquiries and give you the best possible answers to your questions. We give you solid independent advice when selling your diamond items.
View our Diamond Glossary.
Most respected and trusted diamond buyers have affiliations with major industry bodies and associations. Associations help regulate the market and the activities of their members. Applying for affiliations includes hand over details of their company and ensures they have fixed premises from which they operate. WP Diamonds is a trusted member of the The Jewelers Board of Trade, the Jewelers Vigilance Committee, and the National Pawnbrokers Association.
Liquidity and Solvency
Most large trusted buyers have access to significant capital and the right resources to fund the diamond purchases it makes. WP Diamonds is part of White Pine Trading, a company that traded over $75m of diamonds last year. White Pine is backed by a privately owned boutique investment bank with offices around the world. White Pine can complete transactions of all sizes, transferring money the same day.
How To Choose The Right Diamond Buyers?
Where you sell your diamonds and diamond jewelry is important. You want to sell to a trustworthy buyer who takes your privacy seriously. Here we list some advice.
- A Track Record In Business – Its important that you examine the trading history of a potential buyer. You can tell a lot about a company from their reviews on Google or Yelp. Also take a look at their Better Business Bureau record.
- Investment In Their Business – Take a look at the amount of money that has been invested in their location, operations, website and/or storefront. WP Diamonds has offices on 5th Avenue New York and has a first rate website with explanatory videos.
- Transparency And Honesty – It’s essential that the diamond buyer you choose adopts a methodical approach to diamond valuation, using fair and methodical pricing. They should also be willing to tell you why they have come up with the initial valuation that they give you. If they try and hard-sell, walk away immediately.
- Market Knowledge – It’s essential that a buyer has strong connections in the market place. The second-hand diamond market for polished stones is a detailed and complex place.
- Security – Respected and trustworthy companies follow stringent processes in ensuring the safety and security of the customer’s diamond items. They should also follow procedures such as opening packages from customers on video and have offices which have security measures, procedures and trained staff.
5 Reasons To Choose Online Diamond Buyers Vs Local Diamond Buyers
Selling diamonds online can seem a risky and daunting experience. Here we provide 5 benefits for choosing an online diamond buyer vs a local diamond buyer.
- Comprehensive Buying – Local buyers know their local market and they only buy diamonds that fit that immediate local need. Online buyers have national and international reach and buy a much larger range of diamonds.
- Competitive Pricing – Having access to the international diamond markets present online diamond buyers with a knowledge advantage. Often this manifests itself in more competitive pricing across a larger range of stones. Online buyers tend to have smaller overheads as they don’t have an expensive premises.
- Convenience – Selling online is usually only just a few clicks away. You don’t have to get in your car to get a price for your items. As with other services, such as Amazon, you can get what you need quickly and simply. Our Diamond Directory contains more information.
- Privacy – Selling online allows you to turn your items into money without having to meet buyers face to face or broadcasting to your local community that you are selling your possessions.
- No Haggling – Depending on your chosen online route you will experience a premium service where there is no hard-selling and no haggling over price. This can be a very unpleasant experience in some local settings.
How Does WP Diamonds Compare To Other Diamond Buyers?
WP Diamonds is the largest direct sale option operating in the market today. There are a number of options open to sellers that all come with pro’s and con’s. Read here to see what your options are and where we fit in.
|WP Diamonds||Extremely fast, good returns, expert knowledge||WP Diamonds does not buy very small diamonds sold on singularly|
|Auctions||Good for very high end diamonds||Results are always uncertain and the sales process takes a long time, often you cannot sell loose diamonds|
|Consignment||You can achieve a small premium||Expect your ring to take a long time to sell, loose stones are not sold on consignment|
|Private Buyer||Private sales can also achieve small premiums||Finding someone who wants your exact stone or jewelry is like finding a needle in a haystack|
|Local Retailer||Its possible you will know the reputation of local options before looking to sell||Retailers will only buy items that have an appeal to that local market, often retailers are not diamond experts|
Sell Your Diamonds Like An Expert
Read our guide to learn more about selling your diamonds online.
Diamond selling guides
- Learn the value of a diamond certificate
- Learn the step by step valuation process
- Become an expert on industry terms
There's more than just the four C's when it comes to
valuating diamonds. Learn the in's and out's of the
valuation process and what you need to know before
selling your diamonds.
The ultimate guide for insider details about the diamond industry. Know secrets only an expert could tell you.
Contact Our Experts
With over 150 years of experience accumulated in our valuation department, we are uniquely placed in the secondhand diamond market. Our process is unique and ensures that you get the best price for your diamonds or jewelry in as little time as possible.
Our experts have bought and sold diamonds throughout the 5 continents.
WE TAKE YOUR SECURITY SERIOUSLY
That’s why we use our insurers
and Brinks to transport your diamonds. We provide
you with a free, fully insured FedEx overnight label
and open your packages on video to make sure that
your diamonds, and you, are protected.