Sell Engagement Rings
As expert engagement ring buyers, we fully understand that selling an engagement ring can be emotionally difficult; especially after a divorce or breakup. As such, we pride ourselves on providing a professional, discreet, fast and highly secure service. Sell engagement rings quickly and easily today for the best price with WP Diamonds. With an A+ BBB rated business, we offer free advice and answer any questions you may have about selling an engagement ring to us.Get Your Offer
Sell engagement rings and have cash in your account within 24 hours.
HOW DO I SELL MY ENGAGEMENT RING?
Click on a question below to see more details
How to sell engagement rings online?
Selling an engagement ring online is simple. It can take as little as 24 hours from start to finish, with no fees or costs involved.
- Complete the online form to receive your price quote.
- Ship us your engagement ring with our free and fully insured overnight FedEx shipping.
- A member of our team will contact you with a final offer.
- Accept payment by wire or check, or we return it free of charge.
You also have the option of selling engagement rings instantly in an appointment. Appointments are available in New York, Hong Kong and the UK.
Selling An Engagement Ring
You can sell diamond engagement rings from anywhere in the USA and the rest of the world. Sell engagement rings with free insurance and free shipping if you sell your engagement ring online. You can also sell engagement rings of all kinds with WP Diamonds in an appointment at one of our locations.
WP Diamonds is a different. We have taken a traditional business model and made the process fast, simple and secure. We are different to auctions. You will get your money in 24 hours and we don’t take any fees and you will be able to sell with the certainty in the returns you will get unlike auctions.
How much is my engagement ring worth?
Engagement rings are surprisingly complex items to value. Diamonds have over 20 main factors that govern their value. At WP Diamonds we have world class experts that have superior industry connections. We will return the most competitive offer possible in the context of the market.
- The 4’cs – color, clarity, cut and carat weight are the basic ingredients of determining value
- Is the diamond certified? Some certificates are more reliable than others and will affect your initial estimate
- The condition of the diamond. Are there any chips or abrasions? If so the price will be affected
- Your return % of the retail price will depend on the buyer your select and what kind of deal you got when it was purchased
- Market conditions. Is the shape of your stone in fashion? Are the proportions of your stone desirable in the market?
If your stone is GIA certified and has an Excellent Cut Grade your stone is likely to fetch a premium. You can learn more about GIA Cut Grade here.
Where to sell an engagement ring?
Selecting the correct outlet/buyer for your engagement ring is important as it will enable you to achieve the price you want and to sell in a safe and secure manner. The highest estimates do not always guarantee the best final returns as some organizations will use estimates for marketing purposes only.
|Direct Online||Very fast and with good returns||Finding a trustworthy buyer is not always easy|
|At Auction||Very expensive diamonds achieve great results||Variable prices mean uncertain returns and selling can take a long time|
|Consignment||Results can be impressive if give long enough||Expect your ring to take a long time to sell|
|Private Buyer||Returns can be high||Finding someone can take a long time and there are risks selling face to face|
|Local Retailer||Local means sellers often trust retailer||Retailers only buy particular types of rings|
What types of engagement ring can you sell?
At WP Diamonds, we specialize in buying engagement rings with at least one diamond of 0.5ct + or designer brand engagement rings (Tiffany, Cartier, Harry Winston etc).
If you have a certificate from the GIA, IGI, or EGL USA, for example, the initial estimate you are given is going to be very close to the final offer made. Labs are independent and are experts at grading diamonds. The GIA, for example, is an industry leading Gemological Laboratory. Send us the information from your Certificate to get an accurate initial valuation.
|Where is The Value||Considerations|
|Round Cut||A GIA certified stone with an Excellent cut grade then it could carry up to a 30% premium.||Round diamonds will retain more value than fancy shaped diamonds.|
|Princess Cut||Diamonds with a VS or SI clarity grade are doing especially well||Princess Cut Diamond Engagement Rings are the second most popular shaped diamond|
|Other Fancy Shapes||Ovals and Pear shaped diamonds are currently producing good returns.||Fancy shapes are less traded and less popular so are less value than the same weight round stone|
|Trilogy||The center diamond is usually slightly larger than the two side stones.||Each stone should be valued for its own attributes to maximize price.|
|Shoulder Set||The center stone should hold the majority of the value and a certificate generally only covers this diamond.||The smaller diamonds also hold some value and they should be included in the final offer.|
How To Find The Right engagement ring buyer?
Finding the right buyer for your engagement ring should not turn into an ordeal. By following some simple advice you can shortcut the normal pain points and conduct a successful sale.
- Research their reputation both online and offline if necessary, look at Yelp, Google + reviews
- Choose a buyer with a Better Business Bureau Rating and look at their history on the BBB website
- Look out for the price range a buyer will give you, for example a range of $2000-$4000 for a GIA certified stone is too wide
- Analyze their communications. Are they available via phone? Do they respond quickly? Are their emails professional?
- Does the buyer have a physical location? If you can setup an appointment in addition to selling online you can be more assured
- A serious buyer should be willing to provide free insurance and free shipping. If a company is asking you to cover the costs, think twice.
Why sell engagement rings online?
Selling your engagement ring or just selling the diamond (and keeping the setting) can free up cash or possibly allow you to buy a larger diamond or restyle your engagement ring. Engagement rings can retain a strong second hand value.
- Emotionally move on from a past relationship
- Do something positive with the money
- Free up finance without taking out loans which require interest payments
- Upgrade or downgrade your jewelry and find another special piece for your collection
- Sell the diamond and keep the setting, this allows you to free up money and reset with a different stone
Selling engagement rings to WP Diamonds will ensure you get the best return on your diamond. We have a team of diamond experts who will value your diamond. We buy and sell diamonds in the international market, our size means we are able to offer an accurate valuation because we will be recycling the diamonds ourselves; there are no third parties involved. Pawnbrokers, local jewelers, or some online buyers may not have the necessary experience or market knowledge to offer such a competitive price.
How it Works
Just like your diamonds, our process is unique. We want to give
you the most accurate price and make sure that we insure your
items for the right amount, so we ask that you fill out an initial
valuation form. Don’t worry, it’s easy. And if things don’t work
out, we send your items back to you free of charge.
Complete our online
Receive your initial valuation
by phone or email
SHIP YOUR ITEMS
Ship us your items fully insured
via FedEx at no charge
or make an appointment
A member of our team will
contact you with a full
valuation and offer
GET YOUR OFFER
If you accept, payment can be
received within 24 hours
Contact Our Experts
With over 150 years of experience in the diamond industry, we are experts in engagement ring valuation, metal assessment and market conditions. Our process is unique and ensures that you get the best price possible for your engagement ring, quickly and stress free.
Our experts have bought and sold engagement rings worldwide