Diamond Jewelry Buyers
Have you cleaned out your jewelry box and found diamond jewelry you no longer love? Selling your old diamond jewelry is a great way to make the most of valuable jewelry gathering dust. However, finding the best place to sell your jewelry among a sea of diamond jewelry buyers may feel daunting. To demystify the selling process, our expert gemologists have crafted a comprehensive guide to finding the best diamond jewelry buyers. Keep reading to discover what to look for in diamond jewelry buyers and how you can secure the best prices for your diamond jewelry.
Selling your old diamond jewelry is a great way to make the most of valuable jewelry gathering dust. However, finding the best place to sell your jewelry among a sea of diamond jewelry buyers may feel daunting.
To demystify the selling process, our expert gemologists have crafted a comprehensive guide to finding the best diamond jewelry buyers. Keep reading to discover what to look for in diamond jewelry buyers and how to get the best price.
Get answers to the following:
- What are the different types of diamond jewelry buyers?
- What to look for in diamond jewelry buyers?
- Who is the best diamond jewelry buyer?
- How can I get the best price for my diamond jewelry?
What Are The Different Types Of Diamond Jewelry Buyers?
No two diamond buyers are alike. Below are the most common diamond jewelry buyers you may encounter:
- Professional Diamond Buyers: Specialist diamond jewelry buyers, such as WP Diamonds, are made up of expert gemologists. Our staff have the necessary training and industry knowledge to best evaluate and price diamond jewelry. We provide a free, streamlined selling process that can take as little as 24 hours.
- Jewelers: Certain jewelers will allow customers to consign their diamond jewelry through them. Consignment means that the jewelry store will attempt to sell your jewelry on your behalf at an agreed-on price. Unfortunately, selling jewelry through consignment can take a long time with no guarantee that your piece will sell. Furthermore, if your diamond jewelry is bought, the jewelry store will take a percentage of your jewelry’s profit.
- Amateur Diamond Buyers: Today, there are more amateur jewelry buyers than ever thanks to platforms such as eBay and Craigslist. Most amateur buyers want a deal on pre-owned jewelry, so expect hagglers. Once again there is no guarantee of a sale and it could take months to sell. It is also important to factor in that certain platforms will charge you a selling fee.
What To Look For In Luxury Buyers
Among the endless diamond jewelry buyers, how can you know that you are working with a reputable business? We strongly recommend working with diamond jewelry buyers that meet the following criteria:
- Expertise: It is key to work with a diamond buyer that employ industry GIA trained gemologists. This is because diamond grading is complex. It is important to note that not all diamond buyers will have the same level of diamond knowledge and expertise.
- Reputation: Only work with buyers with excellent online reviews and excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Safety: As diamond jewelry is expensive, you want to ensure you are working with a trustworthy buyer. If you are mailing in your diamond jewelry, the buyer should keep your pieces secure, fully insured and trackable.
- Convenient Process: The option to sell online or in person.
- Strong Prices: Established diamond jewelry buyers should possess the necessary industry connections in order to provide clients with competitive offers.
- Free Service: Selling your diamond jewelry should always be a free process, whether you sell or not. Some buyers will have fees or commissions deducted from your final offer.
Who Is The Best Diamond Jewelry Buyer?
When looking for the best diamond jewelry buyer, trust the diamond experts. WP Diamonds was founded in 2012 by industry veterans who spotted a lack of viable routes for selling diamond jewelry. Since then, we have worked with hundreds of customers around the world.
Headquartered in NYC, close but not in the diamond district on 47th street, we have offices round the world. Schedule an appointment to sell diamonds in NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo and in the UK.
We believe that the process of selling should be enjoyable as the process of buying. As such we offer a streamlined, simple and entirely painless selling process. We pride ourselves on providing not just top dollar but also a convenient, discreet and professional service.
Our expansive network of industry connections and team of diamond experts means that we are able to offer strong prices. We buy diamond jewelry, loose diamonds, uncertified and certified diamonds, designer jewelry, luxury watches and handbags. Unlike other pre-owned diamond jewelry buyers, you never have to wait weeks to hear a price from us. Our entire process can take as little as 24 hours.
We offer the option to sell diamond rings, diamond engagement rings and diamond jewelry online or in person. We provide free and fully insured overnight shipping. Packages are always opened on camera for our customers’ protection. We return any items you choose not sell, at no cost.
Our commitment to excellence is backed by our A+ rating with the BBB and hundreds of outstanding customer reviews. Best of all, our process is entirely free, and we never take out any fees from your final offer. You also have the option of trading in your diamond jewelry for store credit.
How Can I Get The Best Price For My Diamond Jewelry?
Below are our top tips for getting the most money for your diamond jewelry:
- Sell to diamond experts: Be sure to check that they have GIA (Gemological Institute of America) trained gemologists on staff.
- Original box and papers: Diamond jewelry from designer brands will have been sold with an official box and paperwork. If you kept these materials in good condition, this will increase your jewelry’s value.
- Diamond paperwork: When you bought your jewelry it likely came with a certificate or diamond appraisal. This details your diamond’s characteristics. Among the diamond grading labs, the GIA is considered to be the most accurate and adds value.