Whether you are preparing to upgrade your ring, need extra funds or are parting with the memories of a former relationship, you may be asking yourself: just where can I sell my diamond ring for cash? While sell...
Diamond Jewelry BuyersAugust 5, 2019 - Diamond Articles
Get answers to the following:
- What are the different types of diamond jewelry buyers?
- What to look for in diamond jewelry buyers?
- Who is the best diamond jewelry buyer?
- How can I get the best price for my diamond jewelry?
What are the different types of diamond jewelry buyers?
No two diamond buyers are alike. Below are the most common diamond jewelry buyers you may encounter:
- Professional Diamond Buyers: Specialist diamond jewelry buyers, such as WP Diamonds, are made up of expert gemologists with the necessary training and industry knowledge to best evaluate and price diamond jewelry. As professional diamond buyers, we provide a free, streamlined selling process that can take as little as 24 hours, with the option of selling online or in person.
- Jewelers: Certain jewelers will allow customers to consign their diamond jewelry through them. Consignment means that the jewelry store will attempt to sell your jewelry on your behalf at an agreed-on price. Unfortunately, selling jewelry through consignment can take a long time with no guarantee that your piece will sell. Furthermore, if your diamond jewelry is bought, the jewelry store will take a percentage of your jewelry’s profit.
- Amateur Diamond Buyers: Today, there are more amateur jewelry buyers than ever thanks to platforms such as eBay and Craigslist. When you create an ad for your jewelry on a website such as eBay, you need to wait for a buyer to express interest in your piece. Most amateur buyers want a deal on pre-owned jewelry, so expect hagglers. Once again there is no guarantee of a sale and you can easily end up waiting months for someone to bid on your jewelry and certain platforms will charge you a selling fee.
What to look for in diamond jewelry buyers
Among the endless diamond jewelry buyers, how can you know that you are working with a reputable business? We strongly recommend working with diamond jewelry buyers that meet the following criteria:
- Expertise: It is key to work with a diamond buyer that employ industry expert, GIA trained gemologists. This is because diamond grading is complex. Assessing the exact characteristics of a stone and ascertaining current market worth requires technical knowledge and pricing expertise. With these skills, the gemologists can best assess the quality and value of your diamond jewelry on the second-hand market. It is important to note that not all diamond buyers will have the same level of diamond knowledge and expertise.
- Reputation: Only work with buyers who have an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau and plenty of outstanding reviews from previous customers. Bad reviews or few reviews are a red flag.
- Safety: As diamond jewelry is expensive, you want to ensure you are working with a trustworthy buyer. If you are mailing in your diamond jewelry, the buyer should keep your pieces secure, fully insured and trackable.
- Convenient Process: Whether you want to sell your diamond jewelry online or in person, reputable buyers should always provide a seamless and transparent selling process.
- Strong Prices: Established diamond jewelry buyers should possess the necessary industry connections in order to provide clients with competitive offers.
- Free Service: Selling your diamond jewelry should always be a free process, whether you sell or not. Some buyers will have fees or commissions deducted from your final offer, be sure to ascertain this before working with a diamond buyer.
Who is the best diamond jewelry buyer?
When looking for the best diamond jewelry buyer- trust the diamond experts. WP Diamonds was founded in 2012 by industry veterans who recognized the lack of viable routes for selling diamond jewelry quickly and easily. Since then, we have worked with hundreds around the world and traded over $100mm. We fundamentally believe that the process of selling should be enjoyable as the process of buying. As such we offer a streamlined, simple and entirely painless selling process. We pride ourselves on providing not just strong prices, but also a convenient, discreet and professional service with unparalleled customer service.
So what sets us apart from other diamond jewelry buyers? Our expansive network of industry connections and team of diamond experts means that we are able to offer strong prices. Unlike other pre-owned diamond jewelry buyers, you never have to wait weeks to hear a price from us, the entire process can take as little as 24 hours. We offer the option to sell online or in person and take the safety of your diamonds seriously: with free and fully insured overnight shipping, packages opened on camera for our customers’ protection and a guarantee that we will safely return any items you choose not sell. Our commitment to excellence is backed by our A+ rating with the BBB and hundreds of outstanding customer reviews. Best of all, our process is entirely free, and we never take out any fees from your final offer.
Selling your diamond jewelry in 5 simple steps:
- Complete our online form.
- Receive your initial price quote.
- Schedule an appointment at one of our offices in New York, the UK or Hong Kong OR request a free, fully insured, trackable and overnight mailing label to send your jewelry to our office.
- Receive your final offer.
- Accept payment by wire or check. OR request to have your jewelry returned to you for free.
How can I get the best price for my diamond jewelry?
Below are our top tips for getting the most money for your diamond jewelry:
Sell to diamond experts: By selling to diamond jewelry experts, such as WP Diamonds, you ensure that you are working with trained gemologists who can best price diamond jewelry.
Original box and papers: Diamond jewelry from designer brands such as Tiffany will have been sold with an official box and paperwork. If you kept these materials in good condition and sell them with their corresponding jewelry, you will increase your jewelry’s overall value.
Diamond Certification: There is a good chance that when you bought your diamond jewelry it came with a certificate from a diamond grading lab detailing the diamond’s characteristics. Among the many diamond grading labs, the GIA is considered to be the most accurate and detailed.
Selling your diamond jewelry along with a reputable diamond grading certificate can increase your offer.
So why wait? Click the button below to get your price quote from the experts today.