Whether you are a diamond enthusiast or lover of interesting facts, we have curated a list of the most interesting and fun facts about diamonds. With billions of years of history, there is no shortage of fun fa...
David Webb JewelryAugust 31, 2018 - Jewelry Articles
David Webb Jewelry:
- About David Webb
- Popular collections
- How much is my David Webb jewelry worth?
- How to sell David Webb jewelry
About David Webb
In 1948, at just 23 years old, David Webb opened his namesake brand and quickly met success. His daring jewelry was irresistible to members of high society such as Elizabeth Taylor and Barbra Streisand, and is still loved today by celebrities like Eva Mendez and Cameron Diaz. During his life, David Webb was part of the entire creation process and “worked his formal statements into beautiful bold abstractions with this very metropolitan sensibility.” Webb would sketch the design of each piece, detail the assembly instructions and work with his small and expert team of jewelry makers to make everything by hand.
When David Webb passed away in 1975, he left over 40,000 of his own bold and intricate design concepts which are still being produced and influencing the jewelry industry. On this note, Emanuel aptly stated: “David Webb continues to promulgate a style that reflects a woman’s confidence, strength, and desires.”
David Webb jewelry spans multiple vibrant and elaborate jewelry collections, below are some of the most well-known:
Kingdom: Designed in 1957 and brought into existence in 1964, the Elizabeth Taylor Makara Bracelet, was the birth of David Webb’s celebrated Kingdom collection and featured a dual headed Indian sea monster. David Webb’s Kingdom jewelry includes the likes of monkeys, dragons, zebras, tigers and more. These creatures are made of enamel and generously adorned with gemstones. This collection includes serpents with sapphire headpieces, emerald eyed panthers and monkeys wearing their own diamond earrings and bracelets to name a few. Kingdom has been an irresistible collection that perfectly showcases David Webb’s masterful imagination and craftsmanship.
Tool Chest: Made in 1971, Tool Chest is David Webb’s “non-jewelry” look as all of its pieces feature an 18K yellow gold nail. The Tool Chest spans cuff links, rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces all designed with pin straight nails or nails that curve around itself for an absolutely modern and unisex style.
Woodworks: One of David Webb’s latest series is Woodworks which debuted in 2015. This small and bold collection reimagines classic David Webb jewelry designs into sleek wooden pieces made with ebony and bloodwood, featuring gold detailing that brilliantly contrasts against the dark wood. This tight collection includes chunky rings, earrings and bracelets that are sure to captivate any jewelry lover.
How much is my David Webb jewelry worth?
If you own any David Webb jewelry, you might have wondered what it’s worth on the second-hand luxury market. To determine how much your David Webb jewelry is worth and get an online price quote, be sure to gather the following information about your jewelry:
- Jewelry Type: Bracelets, broaches, earrings, necklaces and rings comprise David Webb Jewelry. Let the person who is pricing your jewelry know exactly the what you have.
- Collection: Currently, there are 10 David Webb collections in production, each with their own distinctive styles and price points, be sure to identify your own.
- Materials: David Webb uses a wide assortment of materials in their jewelry, including yellow gold, round brilliant diamonds, ebony, cabochon emeralds and colored enamel.
- Box and Papers: These are the box and papers that came with your David Webb jewelry when it was purchased. You can find important information about your jewelry from its official papers such as its collection and materials. Furthermore, owning the box and papers will increase how much you can get paid for your David Webb jewelry.
- Pictures: Providing photos of your David Webb jewelry will help you receive a realistic online price quote.
- Product Webpage: As David Webb jewelry is astonishingly complex, sharing your jewelry’s respective product page with an evaluator will help them achieve a greater understanding of the qualities of your jewelry.
Once you have gathered all of this information about your David Webb jewelry, you will be able to get an online price.
How to sell David Webb jewelry
- Simply complete our online form with information about your David Webb jewelry. You will shortly receive a tight price quote from one of our experts.
- We provide a free, safe, secure, trackable and overnight mailing service, so you can confidently send your David Webb jewelry to our office.
- When your jewelry arrives, one of our expert gemologists will evaluate and firmly price all of your pieces. You will receive a call from us detailing your final offer and detailed explanation of how we came to that price.
- If you like your offer, we can pay you promptly by wire or check. However, if you would rather have your jewelry returned to you, we will do so for free through the same secure mailing service.
Click the button below to learn just how much you can get paid for your David Webb jewelry.
Why sell David Webb jewelry to WP Diamonds?
Quite simply because we are the leading designer jewelry buyers. Our experienced designer jewelry expert buyers can assess and competitively price all of your David Webb jewelry at no cost to you. Thanks to our global presence and connections, we will always provide you with the most competitive offers. Best of all you can receive payment for your David Webb jewelry in as little as 24 hours after completing our online form. Our expert, trusted and free service has earned us an A+ rating with the BBB and hundreds of reviews from satisfied customers.