What are the best watches for men? At WP Diamonds, our team of expert horologists and watch enthusiasts often find themselves debating the best watches for men. In the sphere of luxury watches, certain timepiec...
4 Best Entry Level Luxury Watches 2020January 3, 2020 - Watch Articles
What Are The Best Entry Level Luxury Watches?
1. Tag Heuer Monaco
Monaco timepieces became famous after Steve McQueen wore one in his racing film Le Mans in 1971. Instantly, the Monaco became, “a symbol of his self-assurance, defiance of authority and laid-back vibes.” The Monaco Calibre 12 is the modern day incarnation of Steve McQueen’s iconic watch with several alterations. For example, the hour markers are now vertical instead of horizontal, allowing for an easier read. Today’s Monaco is also made with the calibre 12, which is more precise and durable than the calibre 11 of the 1969 watch. You can enjoy this movement thanks to the watch’s transparent caseback.
2. Rolex DateJust
The Datejust was first released in 1945 and continues to be one of Rolex’s most celebrated collections. A certified Swiss chronometer, the watch is so accurate that it surpassed the strict regulations of the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute, at a mere deviation of +2/-2 seconds a day.
This watch features:
- A date aperture at the 3 o’clock position which swiftly changes the date at midnight, an amazing feat when it was first released.
- A cyclops lens that sits above the date aperture to magnify the date making it easy to read.
- Hour markers coated in a Chromalight display which creates a blue luminescence in the dark.
- An impressive 70-hour power reserve thanks to the new calibre 3135.
- Its movement is constructed with a parachrom hairspring that provides exceptional shock resistance.
3. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch
In 1964, NASA’s astronauts were requesting backup timing devices for space missions. This led NASA to test commercial choreographs to find one that could endure harsh conditions while retaining optimal performance. Omega’s Speedmaster emerged as the clear choice and was declared to be “flight qualified for all manned space missions.” Shortly after Buzz Aldrin wore the Speedmaster when he stepped onto the moon, it became known as the “Moonwatch.”
The watch features:
- Sleek stick hour markers coated in Super-Luminova to ensure that you can see the time in dark settings.
- 3 sub-dials: a small seconds, 30-minute recorder and 12-hour recorder.
- The dial also features a central choreograph hand and the bezel has a tachymetric scale, which allows the wearer to measure elapsed times and speed.
- The Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch comes with a special presentation box that contains two additional straps, a tool to change the straps, loupe, metal plate, instructions and book detailing the Speedmaster’s illustrious history.
4. IWC Portofino Automatic
How to buy a luxury watch?
Looking to start your luxury watch collection? Affording a luxury watch is easy with WP Diamonds. We are expert luxury watch, loose diamond and jewelry buyers. We are able provide you with competitive prices for your high end items, so that you can have the funds to afford the luxury watch of your dreams. You can decide if you want to get paid in cash OR for up to 20% more in store credit.
Our team of experienced horologists and gemologists can honestly and competitively price your items in accordance to the second-hand luxury market. Complete our simple online form to receive your price quote and receive payment in as little as 24 hours after. Our service is so fast and hassle-free that we have an A+ rating from the BBB and hundreds of positive customer reviews.
Click the button below to become one step closer to affording your perfect luxury watch.