Are you still looking for the perfect luxury gift for your significant other or for yourself? If you are going for the wow factor, why not consider luxury jewelry? A timeless gift that perfectly embodies your l...
Best Designer Jewelry Brands of 2020December 19, 2017 - Jewelry Articles
- What are the best jewelry designers of 2020?
- What jewelry should I buy my partner?
- Why is designer jewelry valuable?
- How can I sell my designer jewelry?
Best designer jewelry brands of 2020
Thanks to an array of famous ambassadors of the brand and timeless elegant designs, Cartier has succeeded in remaining relevant and desirable since its inception in 1847. A classic and iconic brand, Cartier never goes out of style and continues to design timeless pieces.
Famous wearers: Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise
Price range: $1,000-$2.76 million
Our favorite piece: Amulette de Cartier Necklace $1,890
- Nadine Ghosn Fine Jewelry
Nadine Ghosn’s jewelry brand was established in 2015 and has since caused a sensation, especially the infamous Burger Rings – a compilation of stackable rings that create a diamond encrusted burger that you can change around as you wish. Ghosn’s ambition with her jewelry line is to “make ordinary products extraordinary”.
Famous wearers: Beyoncé and Karl Lagerfeld
Price range: $155-$19,800
Our favorite piece: Shut Up Earring $1,500
- Jennifer Meyer
Jennifer Meyer’s jewelry brand is born out of Los Angeles and comes from the designer’s lifelong passion for creating jewelry, as taught by her grandmother. Meyer’s pieces are dainty pieces, perfect for everyday wear.
Famous wearers: Mandy Moore and Emma Roberts
Price range: $225-$10,500
Our favorite piece: Wishbone Studs $300
Founded in Paris in 2005, Messika is a popular brand among celebrities and one of their latest collections was created in collaboration with model and “it girl” Gigi Hadid.
Famous wearers: Beyoncé and Kendall Jenner
Price range: $840-$150,000+
Our favorite piece: Move High Jewelry Addiction 3 Rows $135,000
A jewelry designer that has consistently created luxury, high quality designs over the years, David Yurman pieces are luxurious works of art.
Famous wearers: Cindy Crawford and Angelina Jolie
Price range: $125-$47,000
Our favorite piece: Chatelaine Ring $950
Monica Vinader is a more affordable British jewelry brand that creates wearable and contemporary pieces and is committed to creating ethical jewelry.
Famous wearers: Emma Watson and Olivia Palermo
Price range: $85-$1,950
Our favorite piece: Riva Diamond Hero Wave Cuff $1450
- Nataf Joaillerie
Nataf Joaillerie is an American jewelry brand that creates simple but interesting modern, wearable designs. Vogue hailed Shannon Nataf as “the girl to watch in 2017”.
Famous wearers: Bella Hadid
Price range: $600-$3,800
Our favorite piece: Constellation I Earring $3380
What jewelry should I buy my partner or loved one?
Although your budget will impact which designers you are best purchasing from, it is important to bear in mind that designers often have a wide price range. The best advice in choosing a style of jewelry for a loved one is to go simple, classic and timeless. However, if you are confident that you have a profound understanding of their taste and what they look for in jewelry, it is a nice idea to go for something more suited to their individual taste.
If you are looking to buy a loved one jewelry, the different categories below will enable you to see which picks best suit your style and budget.
- For the fashion conscious: Petit Infinité Hoop by Nataf Joaillerie $835
- For the eco conscious: Signature Wide Earrings by Monica Vinader $195
- For something classic: Love Bracelet by Cartier $4,000+
- For something fun: Comment Earring by Nadine Ghosn Fine Jewelry $1,050
- For a special man in your life: Onyx & Mother-Of-Pearl Formal Set by Barneys New York $800
- Best budget buy: Baja Ring by Monica Vinader $160
See our comprehensive luxury gift guide for further gift ideas.
Why is designer jewelry valuable?
There are several aspects that make up the price of jewelry.
- The first is the materials from which the jewelry is made, for example a piece made from platinum or white gold will increase the price over an item made from sterling silver.
- The second aspect is the intricacy of the design and the craftsmanship that has gone into the making of the piece.
- The third factor is the designer house name and how established or well reputed the brand is.
- The fourth factor is the rarity of the piece and any historical significance of the jewelry piece.
How can I sell my designer jewelry?
Whether you want to sell your old jewelry in order to make some extra cash or to put towards some new jewelry, you will want to get the best price possible for your piece. At WP Diamonds, we offer competitive prices for your jewelry and a simple and secure selling process. Fill in our online form today to receive your price quote, then make an appointment to visit us in person or send your item in (free and fully insured) to get a final price. The entire process can take as little as 24 hours to be completed.