Divorce certainly brings challenges, yet any life change brings the opportunity to start afresh. There are many ways in which you can rebuild your life and start over after divorce, whether it be in your person...
5 Quotes to Get you Through your DivorceJanuary 31, 2018 - Relationship Articles
Accept the separation and give yourself time to heal
Whether it was yours or your ex’s decision to divorce, you will be likely be feeling an array of painful emotions. Recognizing that it is okay to experience these emotions is essential to the healing process. Forgive yourself for any slipups in your personal and professional life while you heal. It’s important and it’s ok to give yourself the time to accept and grieve the loss of your relationship.
Know that it will get better
No matter the challenges you are facing in your divorce, know that it will not last forever. Focus on building a positive future that you can look forward to.
While you will face difficulties in your divorce, building a support system to rely on when times are tough is incredibly helpful. It is important to surround yourself with family and close friends to receive strength and encouragement and remind yourself that you are not alone. If you know someone who has gone through a divorce, ask them what resources helped them during their divorce. There are many in-person and online support groups you can join to speak with others in your situation. You can also meet with a licensed therapist to receive tailored advice and resources.
Don’t give up- find resources to help you through your divorce
The divorce process can be confusing and exhausting, by hiring a divorce professional you will be best preparing yourself for the divorce process with defined goals. There are several types of professionals you can hire to help you throughout the divorce procedure including:
- Divorce lawyer – Perhaps the most widely utilized divorce professional, a divorce lawyer will help you with legal proceedings. As divorce law is complex and varies not only by country but also by state, a divorce lawyer will demystify any legal matters and help you determine what you want to achieve in the divorce, such property division and spousal support.
- Mediator – A professional who solves divorce though mediation. This process can be used to resolve all divorce issues, while costing a fraction in comparison to divorce through litigation. Mediators can deescalate conflicts and work to rebuild trust between the two parties.
- Divorce coach – A licensed mental health professional who uses therapeutic skills to help you overcome the emotional challenges of divorce as well as assisting you in developing an action plan.
- Divorce finance professional – A divorce finance professional can answer any financial questions you have about divorce such as separation of assets, taxes and receiving financial support.
Take control of your finances
According to lawyer Bruce Cameron, the average divorce ranges from $15,000 to $20,000. He stated “it costs as much to get unmarried as it does to get married.” Divorce can take a few months up to a few years to complete, making it easy for high divorce fees to pile up. To prepare yourself for divorce expenses and your new life after your divorce ask yourself the following questions:
- How much will the divorce cost? The cost of your divorce will be determined by several factors, such as which professionals you hire and the means by which you proceed with the divorce, whether you choose divorce by mediation or litigation.
- Do I have my financial records in order? Ensure that you have all of your financial records from the past few years such as tax returns, bank statements and retirement accounts.
- What will my expenses look like after the divorce? List all of your current expenses, except anything relating to the divorce procedure, and determine how your budget will be affected once you no longer have someone to share your expenses with.
- Do I need to make any major purchases? Will you need to find a new home or buy a new car after the divorce?
- Do I earn enough money? It is important to determine if you earn enough money to pay for your current expenses and divorce fees as well as maintain your life after the divorce.
- Where can I cut back on expenses? After you made a list of all of your expenses, check to see where you can cut back finically or make simple changes. You may start by bringing lunch to work, taking public transportation or canceling any services you do not need such as magazine subscriptions.
- How can I quickly earn funds? Thanks to websites like eBay and Craigslist, it is very easy to sell your unwanted items online. This is a great opportunity to get rid of anything that reminds you of your marriage or that you no longer love. Do remember, however, to sell specialist items such as jewelry to specialist buyers.
Letting go and moving on is an important part of healing. You may notice that certain items (photographs, jewelry or even clothing) now have a negative connotation and carry emotional baggage. Ridding yourself of items that remind you of or tie you down to your past can be a big help. Selling your engagement ring is a great way to move on from your divorce, both emotionally and financially.
With WP Diamonds you can sell your engagement ring as well as other high-end jewelry and luxury watches quickly, discreetly and easily. You can receive payment in as little as 24 hours after completing our simple online form, perfect for helping you pay for divorce expenses and supplementing your new life. You can feel confident selling your engagement ring with WP Diamonds because of our 100% trust guarantee, A+ rating from the BBB and hundreds of reviews from satisfied customers. To learn how much your engagement is worth today, fill out or simple online form or call our experts at 646-758-0270.
Click the button below to get your quote today.